How Do I Clean The MAF?

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
I know that this topic has been covered here many times, and I cannot seem to find one using the search function. I need to know how to clean the MAF. I know people will say to use a q tip, but I hear this is the worst way to do it because you might break a wire. I know there is some sort of fast drying liquid that people have used. Need to clean it, give me your suggestions to do this.

edit, my 1000th post! Yay, only took a little over 3 years.

• Sponsors (?)

powertrax91 said:
has anyone heard of using carb cleaner or brake dust cleaner? :shrug:
i never cleaned mine, i just replaced it. it didn't seem rigth to use that stuff.

If there`s nothing wrong with it,it`s a hell of lot cheaper to clean it rather than buying a new one!

Some have said that brake cleaner is OK...I`m personally not sure.

Carb cleaner isn`t advisable,because they usually contain a lubricant,that`s left behind after it dries.

My mass air sensor looked liked new after spraying it with electrical contact cleaner.

carb cleaner leaves a oily residue. I used break cleaner and it worked great. I had a gallon of brake cleaner and put some in a old spray bottle. Just gently spray the wires inside the MAF. My car ran better afterwards. My MAF wires had a build up of K&N oil and crud.