How do I remove 03 Cobra spoiler??

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Okay I finally got the 03 Cobra complete trunklid with spoiler & brake light 2day. The only problem I am having is trying to remove the spoiler from the trunklid. I need to disassemble it to save myself some $$ on labor. I removed all the bolts holding it on, but it looks like maybe these 2 pushpins are holding it in place now, along with some sticky tape. Do I need these push pins? Is there anything else I am missing because I need to do this asap, but i dont want to damage it.

Here are some pics...
DSCN1026.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1025.jpg

Here is the push pin that I think is holding me up???

DSCN1030.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1026.jpg
    DSCN1026.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN1027.jpg
    DSCN1027.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1025.jpg
    DSCN1025.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN1030.jpg
    DSCN1030.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

Well...The good news is I got the spoiler removed, but the bad news is I broke the corner of the 3rd brake light when I was trying to remove it from the spoiler. The stupid brake light is $140 from ford & the only other place I found it was 50resto for $130. I might just try to glue it for the time being till I can come up with more cash to buy a replacement. Damnit!!!!

damn that sux about the light...on a side note the mach is gonna look killa with the cobra spoiler!!

Yeah it sucks. I already had to shell out $537 for the decklid. Now Im gonna have to shell out another $140. I think Im gonna try to superglue it for now.I cant wit to see how the Mach is gonna look. Your ride looks sick by the way. did u buy the whole trunklid, or just the spoiler?

wonder what it would look like without the third brake light? with it shaved..

I think it would almost be too plain without it.

Those brake lights break very easily... Lots of Cobras drive around with cracked ones. Its hard to even notice. I think there are some threads about repairing them, try a Google search.

Those brake lights break very easily... Lots of Cobras drive around with cracked ones. Its hard to even notice. I think there are some threads about repairing them, try a Google search.

is it possible to just glue it then sand the whole thing in an attempt to "mask" the seam?

when i sand i really mean treating the plastic with specific products

Yeah that would be cool if I could just fix it for now, because I dont want to spend any more money on it. By the way I broke both edges though were it mounts to the spoiler. Dont know if it will be strong enough to mount it anymore, & not sure how noticeable it will be. Heres a pic of what I have left.

DSCN1031.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1031.jpg
    DSCN1031.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 107