How do I remove this? (Anyone who has swapped an intake should know)

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
Here is the part I am trying to remove.

680313_10_full.jpg

You can see the threaded portion of the part roughly in the center of the shot, with the white fitting coming out on the left, and the tubes running to the right over the lower intake manifold. I think that it feeds and returns radiator fluid to the heater core.

Anyway, it seems like it has to come off the pull the intake. It's threaded into the lower intake. I can't figure out how to remove it.

I have tried threading the nut at the bottem of it down into the manifold, hoping that would do it. It turns clockwise to me looking down on it, and that threads the nut thing down into the manifold, and away from the part. At least that is what I hope is happening, because I really don't know how this thing comes out. But I am losing faith in this, becuase I have threaded it down a fairly good amount, and nothing. The Haynes manual was absolutely NO help on point.

I think anyone who has swapped intakes must have run into this.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

That is for the heater. You can leave it on and just remove the rubber hose fittings on the rear. If you're replacing the lower intake it will be easier to remove when it's off the car. I couldn't get mine loose, in fact every time I tried turning it, it wanted to bend. Good Luck.

I just used a big adjustable (cause I can't spell "cresant") wrench and a lot of patience. If you're talking about the rails, there is a nut that threads onto one to the lower intake manifold bolts that you have to remove.