How do you guys Clean the engine bay?

I dont like to use Simple Green becuase it will actually corrode the aluminum parts under the hood.

1. Get some Orange degreaser (I use the rubbermaid brand dilluted 5:1), spray the surfaces down, and let it dwell for a few minutes.

2. Use a paint brush to agitate the degreaser so it breaks up the dirt spraying more degreaser as necessary.

3. Once you've agitated the surfaces, set your hose to the mist setting and gently wash the degreaser away.

4. Towel dry the top surfaces to protect from water spots and start the engine to dry the remaining water.

5. Dress the plastic surfaces with tire dressing, trim shine, etc... (I like the ArmorAll tire foam a lot for this cause its so cheap, and I've also had good luck with Stoners Trim Shine)

6. Fianlly, use a cleaner wax on the painted surfaces under the hood.

Here's a couple pics of an engine detail I did on my DD.

Before:

DSC_5716.jpg

DSC_5719.jpg

50/50

DSC_5720.jpg

DSC_5721.jpg

DSC_5726.jpg

Afters:

DSC_5729.jpg

DSC_5732.jpg

DSC_5733.jpg

DSC_5734.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

my engine/bay is very dusty & dirty but i am just too worried about cleaning it to take a chance. scared i will end up with a miss afterward. i guess it will stay dirty. i do plan on getting a rag with some cleaner and hand rubbing what i can but that just doesnt work as well.

on my 95, i would bag the distrib, maf, alter and fuse box. soak everything with a degreaser and hose it off. never had a problem.