how do you make a fuel injected a carb

• Sponsors (?)

I a another question in regards to this swap.. I have an '84 mustang and im gonna swap in a motor from an '87 that I have sitting here because the '84 motor has a bad bearing.. I am keeping it carbed however.. My question is will the fuel pump eccentric bolt right up to the efi cam? Any help is appreciated, Im gonna do it this weekend..

I a another question in regards to this swap.. I have an '84 mustang and im gonna swap in a motor from an '87 that I have sitting here because the '84 motor has a bad bearing.. I am keeping it carbed however.. My question is will the fuel pump eccentric bolt right up to the efi cam? Any help is appreciated, Im gonna do it this weekend..

Stong chance the eccentric might already be there. I have found them on a few efi engines. You will need to swap then '84 timing cover on though since the efi covers don't have the mount for the pump

Ya, what are your reasons for doing this?
Very often people attempt the carb route thinking it's easier, cheaper or it's going to fix an issue they have.
It will be none of the 3.

Switching to a carb can be way cheaper. I spent around $600 for my Performer II intake. For that price I could have gotten a carb and an intake. No need for a MAF or injectors, or a $1,600 Anderson PMS.

One think noone mentioned is that converting to a carb kills the resale value.

Unless you are building an all out drag car, converting from EFI to carbed is dumb...

Why would you downgrade your car? I mean, I'm sure Ford spent money putting EFI on these cars for no particular reason...

Carbs aren't a downgrade...

EFI is current tech, that's why it's on the foxes (it wasn't always obviously) a properly tuned carb car is by no means a downgrade

Carbs aren't a downgrade...

EFI is current tech, that's why it's on the foxes (it wasn't always obviously) a properly tuned carb car is by no means a downgrade

maybe you can explain this...I mean no disrespect but a carb is no match for FI, especially now with the advent of direct injection
I've run various different carbeurated set-ups on my mustangs, from Webers to Mikunis on th 2.3 and carters, holleys on the 5.0, 5.8 and IMO I'd rather have a computer do my adjustments for me....even TBI is more advanced than a carb