How many here

Kornnut

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2000
Tulsa
Have had their car since new? Talking you were the one that took it off the lot new. I remember back in the day almost everyone here was like that, but with the progression of time doesn't seem to be.

Anywho I got mine 10/05/2001. I set out to get an 01 5sp car. There wasn't any because of the mid year 5 spd switch, so I ordered an 02.

Here it is right after I got the windows tinted the weekend I got it.

gdgdfg.jpg

Here it is a few weeks ago.
P7160002.jpg

Its a little lower, a little louder, and still slow. Its mine though.

• Sponsors (?)

My 2003 Sonic Blue GT, bought new on 6/21/03. Over 6 years later, I've still got it as my daily driver with a bit over 109,000 miles on it...no mechanical issues to speak of, though it's seen 5 physical "incidents."

Appearance wise, it's lowered with C-springs, has a '99 Cobra hood, Saleen rear wing and side skirts, and the Mach 1 grille delete and chin spoiler. Bullitt shift knob inside and some stainless steel door sills with the running pony etched in them.

It has a Bassani cat-back, Tri-Ax shifter, K&N FIPK, Tokico D-Spec shocks/struts and Mach 1 front brakes. I had ideas of beefing the engine up a bit to clear 300 hp, but every time it got wrecked that desire seemed to dwindle....I just enjoy cruising in it anymore. I'm pretty meticulous about it's maintenance though...oil changes every 5K miles (I can clear that much inside of 3 months), tire rotations every 6K, etc.

It's seen a good portion of the east coast...I live in Maryland and it's been as far north as Maine, as far south as Atlanta...but has only gone as far west as Nashville. One day it'll see cross-country.

I bought my '01 Bullitt right after 9/11. 0% financing sucked me in :D , that and I was able to roll a Vortech, gears and shifter into the 0% financing deal too. Still have it today...it's on it's second motor, second set of gears, 4th set of tires and it only has 28K on it. It's sadly spent over a year at the hot rod shop having things I didn't need done to it...done to it.

I got a 98 GT I bought new. I still remember driving it out the showroom doors. I did a full P.I. swap, tranny rebuild, 4.10's along with a rebuild. It's got 114,000 on it. I was alittle worried about the P.I. Swap with that many miles but when I pulled the heads and looked at the cylinders I could still see the cross-thatching. The cylinder heads still looked new. I have been running mobil 1 since it was new. I finally got it to maplegrove dragway over the weekend ran a 14.20 at 100mph. I got to get slicks I couldn't hook up in
1st or 2nd gear.

I wish I had my bullitt since new. I got it in 2005 as the second owner with 68k already on the clock. Now it has 109k and still runnin strong. I know some people drive these cars like 2000 miles a year but mine is my DD and I love it to death. I drive the long way because I love to drive so much. My car really is my sanity, haha and partly my insanity trying to keep it clean with no garage. This car takes my abuse daily and still doesnt even burn any oil after 5000 miles on a oil change!!! :D Im looking to sell it in a year or so for a 04 cobra but my gf wants me to keep it...I might just have to have both...:rolleyes: Its my first stang and it would be really hard to let it go.

Took mine brand new Nov 01. Had the dealership do a dealer trade for it. They traded a F350 dually for my GT. :D

Her she is pretty much STOCK

DSC00301.jpg

Then to this....

DSC00420.jpg

and now, 9 years later :D

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

Bought mine brand new in April of 2003.They had to do a dealer trade for mine aswell with another stang they had on there lot as i wanted mine in silver with dark charcoal interior,with a five speed,and Bullitt wheels/premium package.
I haven't looked back since.She sure has come a long way since then.

I didn't buy mine new...but it practically was.

I bought a "slightly used" 2003 GT premium in early 2004. The car had 9000 miles on it.

Sticker was $26,500 on it...i paid $16K of someone who bought it, and then couldn't afford it anymore. SO i basically paid their remaining balance and it was mine.

I was looking to buy new, but i bought the exact same car I wanted for $10K off sticker.

I recently traded it in, but the car was awesome. Not a single warranty or repair issue in the 70K miles i drove it. I miss that car. :(

Bought mine new in Sept 1999. I was looking for a white or silver GT with base features. There was only one on the lot and its the one I have now. Fully loaded "Limited Edition GT"

Just crossed 69,000 miles. Bone stock.

-Jason

My current 1996 Thunderbird LX Sport project car, I bought new in April/May 1996, I can't remember now. My 2005 Mustang GT was customed ordered 10 Nov 2004. I likely won't buy used again...