HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY TO MOUNT AND BALANCE TIRES

turbogt

May 1, 2003
Montana
I just dropped my wheels and tires off at tire rama and told them I would pick them up tomorrow night, so they could take their time.. As I was leaving, the manager came up to me and said, Just to warn yah, it will cost at least $150 to mount these..My jaw almost dropped to the floor.. They are STIFF tires and are 315/30/18s and 265/35/18s, but minimum $150 is ridiculous, isn't it.. The last set I had mounted were 70..I asked what the most could be and he said up to $300.. I told him to call me in the morning before they touch them because I will probably be back to pick them up..
What did you guys pay to mount your very low profile 18s??

• Sponsors (?)

245/40/18 front and 285/35/18 rear cost me exactly $100. I thought I got raped with that price, so a minimum of $150 sounds even more like some forced anal penetration without lube! :nonono:

I got reamed at Firestone when I got mine put on, 275/40 front and 315/35 rears, I think they ended-up charging me straight time on it (since I did not buy the tires from them... bastards), I ended-up paying I think $140 CDN (~105ish USD). But the guy took his sweet time, made sure everything was done right and spent about 20 minutes cleaning and shining-up the wheels and tires afterwards. I bit my tongue and didn't complain, since my jaw just about hit the floor when I saw the car roll-out of the shop with its sexy new shoes :drool:

Now I have to lose a ton of money going to work late in the morning so that I can go pick up my wheels and tires and make sure they don't touch them and then say I didn't tell them not to... this is gay.. I just want my damn tires mounted..

At sears i pay $60 for 2 tires (17's) mount, balance, chrome valves, and tire disposal. So this is ~$120 for 4 but 18's would be more $$.

On the other hand I had tires put on my truck at a dealer and I paid $70 for all 4 mount, balance, valvestems, disposal...

Its free for me! but back when i had to replace a rim to move the tire from one rim to the other was free, but I had to pay 9.99 for the balancing that was at pepboys.

they might charge that much because they dont have the right machine for those huge tires.

I pay $10 per wheel, so total is $40..
...I've seen garages charge up to $20 to do each rim, I would never pay anything more...

Mostly big places [kost/firestone/sandone....etc..] charge you an arm and a leg to mount the ****... If you go to a privately owned garage they'll be more than glad to do it for you for a cheaper price.

....you were about to get raped.