How much HP?

I took My 1989 LX to the drag strip, Swapping injectors I had 36 injectors nthen tried 24 and the car pulled the best time with 19 pound injectors'
We put the car on the Dyno and sure enough it made 258 with 36, 288 with 24 and 312 with the stock 19 pound injectors. this was all with a JBA 76mm Mass air properly tuned for the injectors. Your rule is what I was going by when I set up my car but in real world found it don't nessasaryly work, trial and error is the only true way to know what you need!
Each of those that I listed above are what I found with RW tuning. If you're making less power with an injector that is a size or two larger than what it needs to be, it can certainly be dialed in. I do agree however, that rolling into too large of an injector starts making for issues in driveability and peak HP if the spray pattern is a mess.

Those injectors that I've tested are were all either OEM or FMS.

• Sponsors (?)

You're a Systemax and mass air meter away from an ok combo. The parts are so mismatched that people were more concerned about the meter and intake before the b cam. If you can afford it, tackle everything, including the cam, at once. If not swap the intake and maf and get it tuned.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I guess I get to fix all of these things sooner than I thought. Heard some ticking from the engine. Found a loose rocker. Tightened it back up and noise went away for a bit, but came back. I just pulled the intake to check the lifter, and boom. Destroyed lifter, destroyed cam. I'll be pulling the engine this week and tearing it all down and rebuilding myself.

IMG_20191117_185120.jpg

IMG_20191117_185218.jpg