how should my wideband look when I go WOT?

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
if say I want a WOT afr of 13.0:1....I nail it WOT....should it go past 13 like go to 12.0:1 afr (assuming why theres a table for throttle enrichment, like a accelerator pump on a carb) and then should the afr start going to 13? or should it jump down to 13.0:1 and stay there the whole time?

• Sponsors (?)

if the maf curve and injector settings are good. then you enter in the desired AFR is the "base OL" table.

be sure to consider any modifiers or adder etc etc for WOT, i personally like to disable/null them all out and attempt to run solely off the Base OL table.

when i nail it in the my car, the LAMBSES change to 11.55 and the AFR changes pretty fast and tries to nail 11.55 (my maf still isnt perfect but its close.

depending on your accel enrichment and transient enrichment you may either get a slight split second on rich or lean (in relation to lambses). you can work with those to try and minimize that.

but as soon as your LAMBSES change to your high load lambses, the AFRS should start running them quickly.

if say I want a WOT afr of 13.0:1....I nail it WOT....should it go past 13 like go to 12.0:1 afr (assuming why theres a table for throttle enrichment, like a accelerator pump on a carb) and then should the afr start going to 13? or should it jump down to 13.0:1 and stay there the whole time?

if its dialed in right it should go to about 12.5 then come put to 13.0 and stay their , but you would probably not notice any difference in the seat of the pants or much on the dyno for that matter as long as it comes to 13.0 and stays there