How to get the Hood Scoop off?

Just a silly thought, but I am washing my car today, and am going to take my scoop off to clean under it as well. I am going to cut out a rubber gasket to lay down where the scoop touches the hood, and am going to silicone around the honeycomb, to see if this prevents water going in. I'm tired of having to do CPR to the hood each time I wash it, and can't afford a new hood just yet, so I figure, what the hell. If it turns out like crap, then I will just make some 'speed holes' in the hood, which will force me to get a new one.

• Sponsors (?)

SteedaGTJ22 said:
contrary to what everyone seems to think on here. Cutting out the hood scoop and making it open looks more retro and BETTER than that stupid fake honeycomb we have now :shrug:

Sure ram-air is the best option, but i dont see anything wrong with making the hood open. (other than it will maek the engine dirtier faster)

This thread will quickly change your mind

water dumped on top of engine = bad. At least the Mach 1 and aftermarket kits have provisions for channeling water away, but cutting the stock hood just pours water and dirt on the top of it. As you can see by the pics in this thread, it's not a good idea.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=653402&highlight=hood

Yeah i just threw up a tread as to what happens when you make the hood functional, not too long ago.

The spark plug recesses WILL fill up with water and ground the ignition on each cylinder it fills.

HAHA Mustang5L5 posted the link of my submersed plugs.

Mustang5L5 said:
This thread will quickly change your mind

water dumped on top of engine = bad. At least the Mach 1 and aftermarket kits have provisions for channeling water away, but cutting the stock hood just pours water and dirt on the top of it. As you can see by the pics in this thread, it's not a good idea.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=653402&highlight=hood

:lol: :rlaugh: HAHAAHHAAH i read a little and get down to Killgore's post....

"Fa g"

And i lost it! hahaha :rlaugh:

And yeah i said the engine would get more dirty and wet...honestly can say i didn't think the spark plugs would get drown. But i ALSO said i haven't done this modification :p I just mearly said i didn't think it was "rice"

omg, man that sucks for the guy that tried that....yeah i never thought of cutting a hole in it. i justwanted to get inside and get all the crap out....

but someone sid something about silicone. now i wonder if i could some how put something behind the honey comb to prevent more water and dirt from getting in the scoop?

thanks for all the tips guys! SN to the rescue! :)