How to rid exhaust drone?

I run a MAC cat-back with H, high flow cats, and shorties. I love the sound, but I hate the deafening drone, especially after a long drive. I have a toddler that loves riding in the car and I don't want to damage his hearing, too.

Can anyone tell me what they've done to cure a the drone that actually worked? I'm thinking welding in new mufflers, but can't decide if any other brand would actually solve the problem.

• Sponsors (?)

It's the byproduct of some straight through mufflers, some are worse than others and when you reach the magic rpms drone city. Magnaflows seem to have lowestest drone but I still get some, nature of the beast but not as bad has flowmasters and some of the others I have ridden in. One of ways to deal with it is to lay Dynamat or similiar product on the floors and hatch/trunk area, this really cuts down on the sound since the factory matting is pretty much useless, negatives of dynamat cost and added weight positives it works. The quiet mufflers use more chambers and packing but they are a restictive plug.

It's a MAC catback with 2.5" tips, not dumps. It resonates badly at 2000 rpm, but still pretty noisy at all other rpms.

I've had Magnaflow on my last (non-Ford) car and liked the fit/finish/sound. I'll have to see about putting them in as replacements. I'm not concerned with losing a few HP in the process. My hearing is more important to me.

I've considered Dynamat/Hushmat/etc., but I really think the best bang for the buck will be in addressing the source first. That is, unless someone can convince me otherwise. :)

It's a MAC catback with 2.5" tips, not dumps. It resonates badly at 2000 rpm, but still pretty noisy at all other rpms.

I've had Magnaflow on my last (non-Ford) car and liked the fit/finish/sound. I'll have to see about putting them in as replacements. I'm not concerned with losing a few HP in the process. My hearing is more important to me.

I've considered Dynamat/Hushmat/etc., but I really think the best bang for the buck will be in addressing the source first. That is, unless someone can convince me otherwise. :)

you will not loose any HP switching too magnaflows.