Quiet Exhaust

Love NYC
I was lucky enough to be able to go to the top of the World Trade Center tower ! I think in 77
Tower 2 was not complete yet
We went out on the observation deck or whatever it was and looked off
Scary as sheet, damn building was swaying ever so slightly in the wind
110 stories up or something. Went to the top of the Empire State Building too. Marvelous, just marvelous
You two should get out here to UT and do some touring someday
The mormunions and our politics are bearable for both sides
My brother in law worked in a NYC building years ago and took us to the roof.
My fear of heights started in Vegas at the Stratosphere, and never ended. Was scared s$it when he took us up there. Hate that it bothers me, but can’t get over it……. It just does now!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

"...things were 200 bucks..." last 4ever tho
BUT...after the muffler?
Say more 2Blue ?

Resonators attenuate or change sound pressure,
usually are installed in combination with mufflers, before or after.

Types of resonators;
Glass pac / hotdog style

th-3233812742.jpeg

Insert
th-1329923146.jpeg

Tips
th-1909089812.jpeg

J-pipe attenuation
th-2505461510.jpeg th-2678646510.jpeg

I know of one non Stang net car (import) with a fart can ( end-flow thru) muffler tail pipe that I didn’t like the sound of. He put inserts (budget motorcycle style) in the end of said fart can and that car sounded much better, still meaty but no popping/drone, night and day difference.

Last edited:
My fear of places like the Stratosphere and Seattles' space needle ( been in both) is the million year earth quake is going to strike when I am up there.....
It would be just my luck.......

Old cars
65 mustang had a resonator after the muffler
91 Explorer had one after the muffler
Lots of cars
I have never seen a factory one in front of the muffler
They are designed to give the exhaust a particular resonance (is how it was explained to me)
Been tossing them for years when they rust out and need it

most my Italian jobs had one in the 60s'n 70's (B4 muff). I see thay are comming back on modern usa cars (& others) in the shop now. I got same info: "resonator "tunes" the sound, muff quiets it". Now U mention it 1 or 2 on the lift appeared 'after' but it was in the corner of my eye (there 4 breaks or something else & therefore in the corner of my mind 2). Just not a proment memory. Thnx for the heads up~