How would you spend my money?

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
I still have yet to pull the trigger on how to spend a close to $200 credit to AM and I figure the masses would best know. I have a feeling I know how it will go but here are the options I have with prices as well. I don't mind throwing some more money towards it but I don't want to be over 350 out of my pocket now.

1) Smoked taillights 125
Floor Mats 35
Shift knob 39

2) Front cobra rotors and lines 245
(Buy calipers and rotors from BFR for another 250)

3) 2 17x10.5 rims (139x2)
2 sumitomo's 315's 260
2 nitto 315's 440

4) Comp Cams 590

5) Aftermarket hood 479

6) Catted midpipe 350

7) New catback

Sorry for some of the gibberish above but it all makes sense to me. I'd love to do cams since I can get them for 400 but I am concerned about install and then a dyno tune as well. I realize also that there will be added costs on some things (hood painted for example). Anything else I don't have on my list?

• Sponsors (?)

So will I be happy with the comp cams? Also I will be needing new springs as well for them, anything else as well that will be included? What's a fair cost for install on these? I did ask someone local but I'd like a general gauge as well.

idk how i feel about the cams. i mean cams are great but i personally wouldnt purchase them unless you had the money for the other parts and money to get them installed. no sense in buying something you cant use. if you have the money then this would be my choice

/$.02

i would go with option 2 or save up for dyno tune and install of cams...kind of a PITA if you put cams in and cant get it tuned right away.. ask me how i know lol... option 2 will be a great improvement on the car performance and looks wise...

if you do the wheel option dont get sumis...they wont fit the rim correctly and will look retarded and will wear extremely quick....i had them on my car while DDing it and they wore out super quick...i put 12k miles on them and within 9k they had chords showing and that was just with highway driving, no burnouts, drifting, sliding or anything...get nitto or bfg...theyll fit your wheel and last a good while

dont waste your money on the midpipe or catback...those you can always find on craigslist/ebay for way cheaper than what you'd pay new..hell, brothers performance has a used catted BBK H for sale for long tubes for 199...i just called and asked about it for another project i have going on lol

I would buy alot of cocaine and hookers...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammit! :fuss: That was MY SUGGESTION!!!!

So is there a black market section of AM I don't know about?

So it sounds like the general feelings are:

Cams so long as I can get it all done at once including install and tune

Brakes

Lower Control Arms

I do know the stock LCA's bushings are getting bad so that is something I didn't consider but might now. Maximum Motorsports is what I would look to I guess in those. I did ask a local shop on install prices on the cams so we will see which way I want to go but it looks like all hings considered the cams will be about a grand out the door.

Ok guys what is the thought out there on these 2 pieces? Maximum Motorsports is the go to name but Steeda is definately top notch stuff as well. How are these 2 parts on a DD? How much will they benefit me over the stockers? Finally, I am getting these new but from a private seller, what is a reasonable price for these being never used, but not retail?

Steeda Aluminum Lower Rear Control Arms for 1979 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-4551 555-4501 55-4651 55-4601

Steeda Aluminum Upper Rear Control Arms for 1979 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-4802