howdy from alaska

kbeefy

Aug 12, 2007
Howdy all!
Just bought my 3rd mustang, first in the past 15 years. Actually it's my first real mustang, prior cars were an '80 capri 2.3 and an '82 capri 5.0.
Now that I'm older and have decided I can handle owning a car again I've dove in head first and purchased my buddies race car, that I helped build a couple years ago.

Details... where to start?

'90 GT 5.0 5spd car. Engine rebuilt within 250 miles. Edelbrock heads, cam and intake. Performance MAF and Throttle Body. 24lb injectors, FPR, cobra computer. BBK Shorty headers, custom h-pipe and exhaust w/ dual flowmaster 40's. Nice compliment of Autometer Gauges. Accusump oil system, moroso road race oilpan and windage tray. Full MSD ignition including billet dizzy, coil, wires and box. Almost new race clutch. Some big aluminuim radiator and electric fan. Underdrive pulley setup. Fuel Cell, Moroso fuel pump. Tranny has been rebuilt w/ stronger bits, the poor old T-5 couldn't handle road racing.

Gutted interior, full cage, Kirkey road race seat, RCI platimuim harness.

rear: Maximuim Motorsports Chassis stiffeners, Torque Tube, Adjustable lower control arms, Panhard bar, adjustable swaybar, Tokiko adjustable shocks, race springs.

front: Maximuim Motorsports strut tower brace, race springs, Caster/Camber plates, Adjustable Tokikos, HD swaybar.

Baer 13" brakes up front, I think 11's out back, Custom Master cylinder and proportioning valve, Stainless lines, Hubs and axles upgraded to SN95 stuff, 17" rims and race rubber. Has Avon 275/40zr17 race tires, as well as several hoosier spares.

Enough details?

edsmustang9ho.jpg

img3112xi8.jpg

brakesbd2.jpg

I've allready destickered it some since that pic, I suppose I'll leave the tribal stuff down the sides, maybe remove the '5' because my previous # was '7'.

Attachments

• edsmustang9ho.jpg
    edsmustang9ho.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 115
  • img3112xi8.jpg
    img3112xi8.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 100
  • brakesbd2.jpg
    brakesbd2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Sponsors (?)

FYI, in case you haven't got the memo, being up in alaska and all, noone uses howdy anymore:D

Jk man, car looks pretty BA as a Autox'er/ road racer, but I say desticker it. Makes for a better sleeper!!

Howdy and welcome to the forums!

I dig it - it's very nicely outfitted. :nice: If only we could all afford such nice parts. :D

And it's nice to see someone from up North on here (I grew up in Alaska).