Huge MGW Backup

DRock9

Aug 22, 2006
I ordered an MGW shifter about 2 weeks ago and I just called them to ask why it hasn't been shipped yet and they said they are waiting for parts to get back from the platers and they wont SHIP until the 12th...and i'm not going to wait that long for it so I was wondering if www.mgwltd.com was the only place to buy them from a store...besides Ebay. I am thinking of just over-nighting a Pro 5.0 from 50resto at this point, but I really like the MGW.

• Sponsors (?)

Worth the wait. I have been beating the crap out of mine for close to 5k miles, and I don't have one complaint. The handle design is superior to other shifters, you will never have to tighten the handle bolts. Like I said, I shift mine very hard, and it's been perfect.

I love my Pro5.0 and wont run anything else. If you want the MGW then your going to have to buy used or stick it out it sounds like...

I have driven every shifter on the market, its not the shifter as much as the driver when it comes to slamming gears. I have no problems with third on my stock shifter (now it has a Pro5.0 handle) in my 4cyl! The only one Id never run is the Hurst shifter.

I love my Pro5.0 and wont run anything else. If you want the MGW then your going to have to buy used or stick it out it sounds like...

I have driven every shifter on the market, its not the shifter as much as the driver when it comes to slamming gears. I have no problems with third on my stock shifter (now it has a Pro5.0 handle) in my 4cyl! The only one Id never run is the Hurst shifter.

roland argues a good case, but do you think the pro is better then the MGW?.. and how?... i really want to get into a better short throw

i lve my pro 5.0 but i have never driven with a MGW. i have never missed any gears, never had to tighten my handle bolts or anything listed above. i would not use anything else. my brother has one on his mach and i have a friend with one in his turbo 5.0 they all say they would never get any thing else so around here its a pro 5.0

The MGW allows different handles and adjustments, but for me the Pro5.0 was perfect. The pro5.0 on my brothers 06 is insane, shortest throws I have ever seen, and precise as can be!

The MGW and Pro5.0 are awesome pieces... buy the one YOU want!