I’m speechless, The Stangnet PSA Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Just one big quake, cali. Breaks away becoming an island, and I have water front property in Nevada. We came dream can't we?

• Haha
  • Clever
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I live in a h.o.a. Hood, I'm only suppose to work on my car inside my closed garage. I work on my neighbors cars , co- workers cars,and my cars with and without door closed , inside and out. Been doing so since we bought house new in May 2000. I'm an outlaw for the last 21 years.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
I can understand not allowing a disassembled car to sit outside for along period, but this is a bad HOA codified as law.

Oh, and impact wrenches, air compressors, and torque wrenches are tools commonly found in the homes of the majority of people I know.

Lets keep this one on topic and focused on the original topic posted. Please no sidestep into politics, aliens, or anything else otherwise it will get moved to the off-topic forums.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, and impact wrenches, air compressors, and torque wrenches are tools commonly found in the homes of the majority of people I know.

If you can buy it at Home Depot, Lowes or Harbor Freight, then I would consider it a "normal" tool. All the above are readily available tools that most people I know who do their own work at home (not necessarily on cars) have. I would think any first-year lawyer who actually wanted to challenge this new law could successfully argue this point.

Why stop at cars? What about Home Improvement? On a Sat in the summer in my neighborhood, you can hear the sounds of construction ongoing. Not all by contractors. At what point do similar laws get enacted here?

Reactions: 1 users
As I said when it got mentioned in another thread, this isn't an uncommon thing. Even in the predominantly-conservative city I live in here in Texas there's a virtually identical city ordinance, and they do enforce it to an extent.

I'm curious who the targeted demographic is? Are they fining Joe Blow who's changing struts on his car in the driveway on the weekend, or going after folks who are possibly engaging in the business of running a home mechanic shop and have 4-5 non-running cars in the driveway waiting to get worked on?

I live in a fairly rural area, we have a 'problem house', not with cars sitting around but it is just an eyesore, when the lawn gets mowed which is not very often, they actually mow around the toys and anything else that is in the yard, they actually painted the house once and didn't move anything in the carport, just painted around it. They dug a pond in the back yard and left the hole open with dirt piled up for months, the property has accumulated daily fines for years and they know how to manipulate the system, there is no mortgage so the county cannot really take the property,
There are several 'car people' in the neighborhood including myself, there was a conversation once about a car in my back yard between two homeowners, one that just bought a home within a few months of the conversation, they were told to come to me and explain their concern, never happend. If it had I would be willing to come to a compromise. That's how it should work.
Now in regards to the eyesore house, I personally talked to and offered to 'help' them clean up, they didn't care and needless to say it was a short conversation.
He has called me (yes he has my phone number) and asked for my help with a tow a few times and I did help him on a couple occasions, I never asked for payment, he has offered and promised to pay me , this never happend, I will no longer help him and have told him so, we remain cordial but he knows I am not afraid to say no.
All you have to do is look at California history, I've said it before, some people have therapy dogs, they have dogs in therapy, what's that tell ya?

I'm curious who the targeted demographic is? Are they fining Joe Blow who's changing struts on his car in the driveway on the weekend, or going after folks who are possibly engaging in the business of running a home mechanic shop and have 4-5 non-running cars in the driveway waiting to get worked on?
It always starts small or " just a few"... Its the stepping stone for MUCH bigger laws and control

Well, remember, I said they enforce it "to an extent".

I know a guy, right in downtown, who runs a shop out of his two-car garage with carport. He keeps everything clean, never has more than four cars at a time, and if you didn't know it was his business, you'd be clueless that it was an actual shop. They leave him alone.

On the other hand, I try to blitz out an engine swap in my driveway over the weekend and get a written warning for non-compliance.
They leave him alone until he pisses off the wrong person and then they'll use this benign law against him.

Better not to have onerous laws on the books in the first place than have to rely on the kindness of elected officials to overlook you.

My neighbor fixes his truck in the driveway. Crap everywhere, and it pisses me off. I live in a deed restricted neighborhood. I keep my stuff in the garage because I care. Hoa's keep the prices up, and the trash down. Politics in Cali. is a whole other deal. Not for me

My neighbor fixes his truck in the driveway. Crap everywhere, and it pisses me off. I live in a deed restricted neighborhood. I keep my stuff in the garage because I care. Hoa's keep the prices up, and the trash down. Politics in Cali. is a whole other deal. Not for me
In my opinion this is what starts stupid laws like this.. That IS what HOA's are about...... A person who abuses this affects us all.....

Yeh, but if Florida you can have a boat and a twenty foot camper right in front of a small lot. Also tow truck drivers park right by the front door, so they can get out quick. Some neighborhoods are a sea of crap when you drive down streets. I am ok with that if I had a bunch of toys, but I'm thinking of getting out in ten years. Then I might want my boat ready to go.

Yeh, but if Florida you can have a boat and a twenty foot camper right in front of a small lot. Also tow truck drivers park right by the front door, so they can get out quick. Some neighborhoods are a sea of crap when you drive down streets. I am ok with that if I had a bunch of toys, but I'm thinking of getting out in ten years. Then I might want my boat ready to go.
Hey, I keep my dump truck (tow truck) at my house!!!!!!!! :jester:
Actually it's in the back yard in a carport but I understand what you're say'n

Florida is the epitomy of sprawl.... Single wide w/ green mildew on it next to million dollar homes.... NOW I know why when in Oregon you could not build just anywhere.... The person who was in charge of that law/rule must of come from Florida....

• Haha
Very true. Mostly because for a long time nobody really cared about Florida, then twenty years ago it exploded beyond belief. Right now houses sell in a week. I am looking to put money down on a condo for my daughter. The wife, and I are freaking over giving up a chunk of retirement money for a twenty three year old. Do you let her work two jobs to pay over a grand for rent.??? Or buy. for less than a grand, but hope she smartens up