I’m speechless, The Stangnet PSA Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Very true. Mostly because for a long time nobody really cared about Florida, then twenty years ago it exploded beyond belief. Right now houses sell in a week. I am looking to put money down on a condo for my daughter. The wife, and I are freaking over giving up a chunk of retirement money for a twenty three year old. Do you let her work two jobs to pay over a grand for rent.??? Or buy. for less than a grand, but hope she smartens up

I’m about to freak when I see my 16 year old get her license....... and the insurance bill that comes with it!

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
I’m about to freak when I see my 16 year old get her license....... and the insurance bill that comes with it!
Mine turns 16 tomorrow. I feel your pain.

When my older kids turned 16, the insurance company listed them on my old 89 mustang because it was cheaper to replace. Hopefully that's still the same.

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user
Mine turns 16 tomorrow. I feel your pain.

When my older kids turned 16, the insurance company listed them on my old 89 mustang because it was cheaper to replace. Hopefully that's still the same.
They probably can up your rates if you live on a street with to many letter in the name, I know my insurance broker (commercial) says my insurance can go up if my office moved 15 miles east. It's a racket I tell ya.

They probably can up your rates if you live on a street with to many letter in the name, I know my insurance broker (commercial) says my insurance can go up if my office moved 15 miles east. It's a racket I tell ya.
I live very close to the county line. If I move 2 miles north, my insurance drops.

My twenty three year old daughter is $2,300 yr. No tickets/no accidents Boys cost more because from what I've seen they crash in the first three months
I read how the difference ( cost of insurance between girl/boy) is alot closer than in my day.. Based on my experience women tend to speed, and tailgate more... When things go bad they do not know how to react... AND lets not forget the ole texting problem women have... ALWAYS a priority for them OVER driving, when they drive....

I am very happy so far with my daughters driving record. It only takes one. Wait till your kid comes home drunk at five in the morning. My daughter tailgates, texts, speeds so far so good. I remember when she was sixteen. Most of her friends were crashing their NEW cars. Here in rich Sarasota Fl. all the high school kids get new cars. Some drive all kind of fancy imports, and new trucks. Damn evil rich.

My twenty three year old daughter is $2,300 yr. No tickets/no accidents Boys cost more because from what I've seen they crash in the first three months
I pay a little under that for my truck, my wife’s car, and the Mustang included! I guess the money I’m saving on a refi will go right to insurance. My wife always says “even Steven”. Never too far ahead, never too far behind. I guess I should be thankful!

‘17 Traverse $1100 (wife)
‘14 Taurus $1400 (me)
Fox $400

Perfect driving records too. When I was 17 and driving my fox, I had my own policy and it was $2500/year. When I was 23 and bought my 2003 GT, it was $2300ish. I guess with infkation those would be $3k policies today.

‘14 Taurus $1400 (me)
Fox $400

Perfect driving records too. When I was 17 and driving my fox, I had my own policy and it was $2500/year. When I was 23 and bought my 2003 GT, it was $2300ish. I guess with infkation those would be $3k policies today.
So your Fox ins. is like mine. Full coverage with a blue book type payout Thats quite a bit for the Taurus I guess Mass. still has some pricey insurance. My friend in Mass. has a new GT and pays $2700 a year in Ludlow Ma.

So your Fox ins. is like mine. Full coverage with a blue book type payout Thats quite a bit for the Taurus I guess Mass. still has some pricey insurance. My friend in Mass. has a new GT and pays $2700 a year in Ludlow Ma.

oh the minute I get a new car it’s a $2k min policy and I’m at the “safest” level for insurance. It’s nuts.

In Nassau County NY (1 mile from the nyc line) I have 4 cars and are paying 7,500 a year for all.
Only 1 has full coverage (new car) the rest only have minimal liability (old cars). The Stang has collectors insurance so that’s only 250 a year. The other 7,250 is thanks to my 2 daughters having a combined 4 accidents in their first 2 years of driving of which 2 cars were a total loss. That doesn’t include the motorists I had to pay off in cash instead of going thru insurance to keep the accident off the records and keep from being dropped. Lol Thank goodness they are grown now and that teenage inexperienced s**t is over with however the texting and drinking remains (I can only assume)
Yep, a total racket. Welcome to NY. Can’t wait to get out of here!

‘14 Taurus $1400 (me)
Fox $400

My dad had me get my own policy when I first started driving too. I’m trying to figure out now what the best route is for my daughter. I guess either way, they’ll come after my assets if, God forbid, something terrible happened. But I guess her own policy would help her establish a record of her own safe driving (fingers crossed)!
She’s in driver Ed now, so I have a few months to figure it out.

My dad had me get my own policy when I first started driving too. I’m trying to figure out now what the best route is for my daughter. I guess either way, they’ll come after my assets if, God forbid, something terrible happened. But I guess her own policy would help her establish a record of her own safe driving (fingers crossed)!
She’s in driver Ed now, so I have a few months to figure it out.
Look into what’s called an “umbrella policy”. That’s what we had. Big coverage for the family when underage drivers are insured and protects your assets.

Reactions: 1 users
Look into what’s called an “umbrella policy”. That’s what we had. Big coverage for the family when underage drivers are insured and protects your assets.
My oldest is now 13 and I've had a $1M Umbrella policy for about 4-5 years now... But we also have a boat and if something happens while we are out on that with guests or whatever I want to be covered as well. I don't recall how much it is, but it was small compared to my overall spend and when they quoted me on it I didn't think twice.