I did it(track times)!!!

WhiteDevil

New Member
Feb 4, 2003
2,717
0
0
San Diego
Well i went back to the track today and hit 12s!! Im very stoked about it. It was about 90 today very hot, and the place was packed once again. So i only got a few runs in, i know i could have had a better launch but didnt have enough chances to get it just right. I hit 12s 3 out of my 4 runs today, here is my best one.

60ft: 1.97
330ft: 5.464
1/8: 8.350
1/8 mph:85.34
1/4: 12.94
1/4 mph: 107.25
 
Thanks Guys!!! Im pretty stoked at the times too. I think it still has more in it, if i can get some dyno time. It backfired twice once yesterday and once today, so i think its running kind of rich, it smells really rich too. So maybe with some tuning and more launch practice it can get better.
 
Hey for the rest of you 12second guys how do your 1/8th miles compare to mine. It looks like i covered that pretty fast, but then didnt pull through the top end as fast as others, what are your guys thoughts?
 
Congrats! Nice to see a non afr/fti na 12 on here (good to know its possible). How's the drivability with that cam and the RPM intake (idling issues, low end torque, ect.)?
 
Here are some of my timeslips for you to see 1/8th mile times on. My car is always a bit stronger from the 1/8th mile on than it is before it.

1285at107.jpg


1259at108.jpg


1233at110.jpg


1231at111.jpg
 
Congrats! If I hadn't gone with the AFR's, I would've gotten those Edlebrock heads...they seem to work great.

My 1/8th mile time on my best run was a 8.31 @ 86.1. Although I have run as fast at 87.38mph in the 1/8th, most are in the high 85mph/low 86mph range.
 
Well it looks likie my 1/8th seems to be right on for what im running. Thats cool thanks guys

go.rei GT - The car is great with the Cam, it idles dead on with no tuning what so ever. It has a noticeable lope to it over stock, but it doesnt really shake the car or anything. When i drive with the RPM that is when i mainly notice the low end loss over the performer. It drives great.
 
I think you are the first one in the 12's with the new Edelbrock heads. Congrats on that. Judging by the MPH and 60' times, you've got much more in it. You've had the car running pretty hard before the H/C/I swap, so I'd expect the same again. :D

Hopefully I'll be the second one in the 12's with those heads. :)

Joe