i got 2008 v6 wanna swap the engine quick question

DougyDoug

Jan 16, 2010
would i be able to take a gt and just swap the engine tranny and other parts i would need to make this possible? and does it have to be a 2005-2008 or can i take say gt that has a4.6-5.0 in it and do the same.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, you'd be better of buying a GT if you want the V8 engine. Sure, the swap is possible, but unless you have a wrecked GT to steal all the parts you need, it would cost way more and be a HUGE PITA. In this case, if you have to ask how, then you probably shouldn't attempt it.

Honestly, you'd be better of buying a GT if you want the V8 engine. Sure, the swap is possible, but unless you have a wrecked GT to steal all the parts you need, it would cost way more and be a HUGE PITA. In this case, if you have to ask how, then you probably shouldn't attempt it.

Agreed. You could supercharge your V6 for the same cost of the swap. You can also trade it in on a GT. The price on those models (05-09) have come down quite abit. Good luck with your decision. Pearl02.

Yeah... just trade the '08 for an '05 GT and a couple bucks... it's just not worth it. Unless this is some car you were given and just aren't happy they didn't give you a V8 model... in which case I'd say suck it up and deal.

+1 on everything above.

You will need a donor GT from the same model year. Engine, trans, PCM, wiring, cluster, rear end, body wiring harness, fuel pump the list goes on......

The motor would have to be a 3v unit unless you are prepared to re-wire the ENTIRE car.

Consider that the VIN number will ALWAYS say that the car is a V6. Should you decide to sell, most ppl would be scared to purchase a used car with a V6 to V8 swap. In short, the resale value will take a hit.

If the goal is a cost effective swap, this is not it. As stated above, unless the donor car is free and you have TONS of time on your hands.