I need a 1997 Mustang PATS A expert!

I have a 1997 Mustang Cobra with all keys lost. I want to perform the on-board end user procedure involving the three 15 minute cycles. I have read everything I could find on this and watched every video I could find as well since I attempted this.
What I decided to try prior to endless research... I purchased the Dorman 989-714 kit with the programming dongle that requires a master key with the idea that I could just do the on-board procedure as I dont have a original key required for the programmer. This does not work. I used my Topdon Phoenix Plus to access the PATS module and was able to erase all known keys and still no luck. I have cleared every code in all modules and am left with the obvious P1000 readiness on the PCM and P1602 in the PATS module.
I guess I'll start with the question. Will the Dorman version keys from the kit allow this procedure to perform like an OEM Ford H72PT (ID4C) transponder I.D, key or are they meant to only be clones? I want to confirm that is the issue and not another problem in the system.
I since went ahead and purchased a new OEM cylinder kit with new keys for this PATS A vehicle (1L3Z-11582-A) and they will arrive in a few more days but I am a bit worried about some other issue if the Dorman kit should have worked.
I have exhausted every resource with every search term I could think of and have not found an answer regarding the Dorman keys matching the protocol as if they were OEM.
The Ford keys and cylinder are arriving regardless however if the Dorman kit should have worked then I need to chase down some other issue.

Oh, I suppose I should mention that along with the P1602 code that currently remains permanent I also have the Theft light blinking for around a minute with no additional codes beyond that flashing when I put the ignition into run position.

Anybody with some knowledge on this would be amazing and much appreciated! Thanks for your time reading this!