I need a little advice/help guyz

95cobrainNC

Sep 22, 2004
NC, Duh..
I used to be member here a few years back, when I had a modded out 92 gt, but since then I have sold the 92 and now own a 95 cobra. It has A c/l mass air, 70mm T/b, cold air induction, an ads superchip(currently removed) 3.73 gears, aluminum d/s, pulleys, Auburn diff, and almost 170000 on the clock. My problem is this. When driving and I try to give it some gas it has a hesitation. It happens really around 2400-3000rpm and as soon as I start to depress the throttle. It also has some weird beeping coming from the computer too, right after start up. I replaced the plugs, wires, throttle position sensor and the O2 sensors. If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate it, as my next move is to go to the pricey dealership... Thanks all.

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard of issues w/ c&l mass air's w/fenderwell cai's. Also, with c&l they use those sample tubes, and for cobra's they use the sample tube for the gt w/19lb injectors because the cobra came w/24's stock. If the sample tube is correct, I think some people rotate the mass air, I would clean maf wires, clear codes, and see what codes come back.

with 170000 miles on it your gonna have problems. Thats alot of miles ecspecially on a car thats probobly had it's a-- kicked a few times. If your check engine light is on then your gonna have codes. Dont disconnect your battery until you have had it read though or all of them will be erased. I always reccomend complete teardown after 150,000 mi. It could be a number of things good luck dude.

Thanks guys. I've tried resetting the computer and put the stock mass air back on also, and no change. I took off the air idle motor thing (next to the TPS) and it was fairly clean. The EGR was also clean. I know it has an a## load of miles and yes it got kicked for quite a few of 'em, but I wanted to figure this out before dropping in a 331 in January or Feburary. Well any more advice would be appreciated, but it's looking like a trip to the dealer. Thanks again.