I need help making a decision...

I chose show apperance instead of dart block i would have loved to do both but could not afford to, i think my block will hold up as long as my rotating assembly does i probably could get away with a small shot of nos but theres no need right now i have all the power i need and still unbelievable great driveability!!, if your not happy with you HP and u are on a budget i still think NOS is the way to go GOOD LUCK:nice:

Thaks a lot man, I appreciate the compliments, it means a lot coming from someone with a car as clean as yours. :nice: Thanks to everyone else who replied too. I guess the reality of it is that I have no idea what I want to do. I suppose I'll just sit on the money and let it grow while I figure it all out. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Thaks a lot man, I appreciate the compliments, it means a lot coming from someone with a car as clean as yours. :nice: Thanks to everyone else who replied too. I guess the reality of it is that I have no idea what I want to do. I suppose I'll just sit on the money and let it grow while I figure it all out. :shrug:

Thanks:nice: and thats a great idea some extra time for powerplant decisions on a beautiful stang makes sense to me :nice:

there are tons of blocks out there that are barely used that people want to sell, i got my dart IE for 1100 with a fresh machine job on it, you just have to look

get an s-trim or a novi 1200, you can find used stuff for nothing, check racingjunk.com.

you dont need a dart block for what you want, just pick the blower up, a 255 in tank pump, and an external pump from vortech, 42 lb injectors and a good tune, an MSD box would also be a wise investment.

I was running 480 to the tire with my novi 2K and the only reason i blew that motor up was cause i didnt have a rev limiter set and broke a valve, that motor was alot of fun when i got the bugs out of it. Things tend to get out of control when you buy a good block. you say, i need bigger heads, different cam, fuel system and it goes on and on... If you buy a dart block and dont make at least 600 to the tires with a blower, its kinda pointless

get an s-trim or a novi 1200, you can find used stuff for nothing, check racingjunk.com.

you dont need a dart block for what you want, just pick the blower up, a 255 in tank pump, and an external pump from vortech, 42 lb injectors and a good tune, an MSD box would also be a wise investment.

I was running 480 to the tire with my novi 2K and the only reason i blew that motor up was cause i didnt have a rev limiter set and broke a valve, that motor was alot of fun when i got the bugs out of it. Things tend to get out of control when you buy a good block. you say, i need bigger heads, different cam, fuel system and it goes on and on... If you buy a dart block and dont make at least 600 to the tires with a blower, its kinda pointless

thanks, i'll check that site out... when you made 480 to the tires did you have a built short block, or were you running a stock bottom end like i will be?? thanks for the info man, i started this thread to hear from guys like you who have actually run forced induction

thanks, i'll check that site out... when you made 480 to the tires did you have a built short block, or were you running a stock bottom end like i will be?? thanks for the info man, i started this thread to hear from guys like you who have actually run forced induction

It was a stock block, stock rods(which arent forged BTW), stock crank, and speed pro pistons, it was a plain jane 302. GT-40x heads, e-cam, RPM II intake, and the same fuel system i suggested to you. that setup blew 2 headgaskets, but that was because when whoever o-ringed the block, the didnt center the bore, so compressed air was pushing the o-ring out of the reciever groove and into the head gasket. I put cometic gaskets on it, and never had a problem again.

My main bearings did show signs of the caps walking, but as long as you dont get greedy, keep it under 500 rwhp, and GET A GOOD TUNE you will be fine. detonation kills motors, get a wideband o2 sensor so you can keep an eye on things.

It was a stock block, stock rods(which arent forged BTW), stock crank, and speed pro pistons, it was a plain jane 302. GT-40x heads, e-cam, RPM II intake, and the same fuel system i suggested to you. that setup blew 2 headgaskets, but that was because when whoever o-ringed the block, the didnt center the bore, so compressed air was pushing the o-ring out of the reciever groove and into the head gasket. I put cometic gaskets on it, and never had a problem again.

My main bearings did show signs of the caps walking, but as long as you dont get greedy, keep it under 500 rwhp, and GET A GOOD TUNE you will be fine. detonation kills motors, get a wideband o2 sensor so you can keep an eye on things.

OK, thanks for the info... would you recommend the internally oiled blower over the one where you have to tap the pan? tapping isn't the issue, that's no big deal, but vortech claims they run much cooler when internally oiled rather than using hot engine oil :shrug:

did you have any cooling issues running a blower? thanks

also... i have a 76mm C&L and i remember reading that I can just have it recalibrated for 42# instead of buying a new one... can anyone confirm that?

OK, thanks for the info... would you recommend the internally oiled blower over the one where you have to tap the pan? tapping isn't the issue, that's no big deal, but vortech claims they run much cooler when internally oiled rather than using hot engine oil :shrug:

did you have any cooling issues running a blower? thanks

also... i have a 76mm C&L and i remember reading that I can just have it recalibrated for 42# instead of buying a new one... can anyone confirm that?

The self contained stuff is nice, very convienient, and also, if anything is in your engines oil, it wont damage the blower with the SC stuff.

but if you can find a deal on something else dont let the SC part hang you up. speaking of that, you have a PM :nice:

probly cause he only want to make 450 whp, when he buys the block, he will have no money for anything else, and still be making the same hp... and will have pulled his old motor, bought all new gaskets to put his stuff on, etc etc. thats alot of work. or, just bolt a blower on and have a blast with it. insted of working on it for a couple months

probly cause he only want to make 450 whp, when he buys the block, he will have no money for anything else, and still be making the same hp... and will have pulled his old motor, bought all new gaskets to put his stuff on, etc etc. thats alot of work. or, just bolt a blower on and have a blast with it. insted of working on it for a couple months

everyone says they only want 450 because of the stock block, if he doesnt have a stock block i can guarantee his power goals would change

everyone says they only want 450 because of the stock block, if he doesnt have a stock block i can guarantee his power goals would change

his power goals would change, but unless he hits the lottery he wont reach them. I agree that a aftermarket block is the way to go, but he's got 3k, dart blocks are hard to find for under 1500 bucks, and when you build one right, you wont be able to do it for under 3k without cutting corners.

not to mention a fuel system thats at least 1000 bucks, bigger injectors, bigger blowers, bigger turbos, more money to tune the car... the list goes on and on