I need help (This is very strange...)

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Alright, let me see where to start.
Yesterday I was trying to diagnose my a/c, so I was following a guide to pinpoint the problem. One of the steps was to cut the pink/yellow wire running to the CCRM.
Previously to this step, I had to check something at the pcm. This was okay, however I found a broken wire at the PCM. It was a PINK and YELLOW wire. I didn't think anything of it, however. I didn't realize it was pink/yellow till today. Well anyway I patched that up, then following the guide cut the pink/yellow wire at the ccrm. After that my a/c worked. This was yesterday
Today I go to drive my car, feels horrible! Its like a horrrrrrible miss, more like skipping every 100rpm. Bad vibration, check engine light on.
The codes I got were 122 and 327.
Before I was going to try diagnosing this, I wanted to retake my steps from yesterday. First thing I did was patch the wire at the CCRM. No good.
Second step I did was UNHOOK the wire at the PCM.
BINGO! Problem solved, runs great no check engine light.
I also have a/c! So the pink wire needs to be connected at the CCRM and disconnected at the PCM.
Why would a wire need to be disconnected at the PCM for the car to function? It looked like it was ripped off, maybe cut and stripped on both sides.

Okay so let me give a rundown.

Yesterday
Diagnosing A/C
Look at pcm, reconnect broken pink/yellow wire
Cut Pink/yellow wire at CCRM

Today
Car runs like ****
Reconnect wire at CCRM - STILL CHECK ENGINE
DISCONNECT wire at PCM - Runs great! No check engine.

SO wtf is going on?
I don't understand....and I also understand why my a/c works. It shouldn't, since the reason I got a/c yesterday was by cutting the pink yellow wire and now that is reconnected.

Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on? I sure don't.
BTW I don't even know if it is the same pink wire.

• Sponsors (?)

Joe, do you know if the wire at the computer that you messed with was pin 54? Seems to me that this is the WOT wire you were dealing with, if so.

I'd have to check a schematic again, but I think that wire is supposed to be dead for the A/C to work. WHen you hit WOT, it grounds and opens the A/C circuit, thereby shutting off the A/C (so by being cut, the AC wouldnt shut off at WOT, and would work at all times).

As for why the sequence of events happened like they did, I'm not sure. Your idea to go undo what you had done before was outstanding diagnostics though. :nice:

This is what I am thinking.
Since the wire at the pcm needs to be grounded for the a/c to stop working, I think before I took off the kick panel yesterday the two sides of the wire were in fact connected, poorly but connected. When i took the kick panel off and had to wrestle the three connectors on top of the pcm off I might have knocked the two sides loose. So when I connected them again but cut it at the ccrm it was disconnected. This was when the a/c worked.
This was also when the problems started happening.
So I re-connected the wire at the ccrm (still connected at computer) and I still had the problem.
I cut the wire at the computer, and the a/c and the car was fine. I don't understand why having the computer wire patched the car acted all messed up. I'll figure out what wire it is when I get home.