I need more Power

dajamis

New Member
Feb 3, 2006
1
0
0
I have an 88 mustang that is right now a project waiting for a new motor and some body work. In the meantime I want to get some more power out of my daily driver 94 T-bird 4.6 2v. Will 3v heads and PI intake fit the 94 block. The gas tank on the T-bird doesn't really allow for true dual exaust so would headers be a waste of time? how long do the timing chains & tentioners usually last (this motor has 134,000 on it) Is there any type of shift kit available for the AOD-E.
 
you dont have a aod-e, you got a 4r70w. research "J-Mod" on the TCCoA.com. btw, tccoa.com is the site for MN12 chassis(like your tbird) related info.

a good head upgrade is PI 2v heads from a 99-04 GT, with eithe the PI cams or a set of even better ones. thats the cheapest way to do it. as for timing chain, when removing the head, id replace it just for good measure, while youre there kinda thing.

and you CAN run true duals, you gotta find a muffler shop that can do good work. they can do it, trust me. if theres a will, theres a way.
 
check into a roots style blower for your bird, I know they are expensive but it will be the best thing you can do to get some good numbers out of your bird. I remember seeing a blown 97 at Coastal Plains raceway in Jacksonville NC, he was running high 12's with the Allen kit and low boost. :eek: