Electrical I smell hot wires

Do these electrical connectors fit into the stock connector on the ignition switch?
Anybody have a source to buy just the metal connectors?
Thanks
1712620770252.png

• Sponsors (?)

What's wrong with yours?
Unless I get some feedback about replacing the one Red with LG stripe resistor wire thats getting hot, I am going to replace it with a new NON resistor wire..
The new wire will require a new metal connector to plug into the ignition switch connector.. Do not want to tie into the existing wire anywhere as I am not sure how much of it is resistor....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Bypassed the resistor wire that was getting hot with a new wire
DSCF1449.JPG
DSCF1450.JPG
and everything seems fine now... No hot wire and no burning electrical smell...
I had to buy the entire kit from my local OReilly's to get a new metal connector for the connector that goes into the ignition switch.... To anyone else doing this here is the part # and the connectors are an exact copy of my stock one....
The Cars with the older style can coils had this resistor wire in the wiring system....

Last edited:
I wonder why my T-Bird doesn’t seem to have the issue. I put a TFI coil on it years ago. Need to check the wiring diagrams.
There is a possibility that this was not my issue... From what I have read alot of people complain about the same resistor wire getting hot in both Ford and GM cars.... I will be watching this and will not be putting the under dash all back together for a while until I am sure this fixed the burnt wire smell..
As hot as that wire was, I am really glad I deleted it no matter what.....