i think i may be in big trouble soon. engine clicking

i baby my car beyond no means... but it's always fighting me. here's the summary of my troubles. i have an autometer oil pressure gauge and last time i changed my oil the tube broke off, so i uninstalled it and pluged the hole i had it installed in by the oil filter. no big deal. so i order a new tube kit and install it. also no problem. aparently i'm an idiot though becuase i didn't have the extra tube out of the way and secured well enough. it ended up touching my exhaust while i was driving and unknown to me for a few miles i was just spitting oil. i went about 8 miles before i noticed smoke from the burning oil. i added back the oil i burnt/leaked out (only drove for 15 minutes or so) but i can not get a consistant reading on my dipstick. i thought the level was good though.

here's the problem. i drove the car pretty hard one night only for a few seconds but i was in second gear on a windy road for maybe 30 or 45 seconds so the rpm's were 3000-5500 around these turns. now... i have a slight clicking sound that is rpm related coiming from the engine. i havn't gotten on the car hard since i heard this but it seems like all the power is still there. (i did a full oil change now to make sure the car level is good). would it be a bent valve or maybe some piston/cam problem? i really don't know but i'm angry and i don't want to send a piston through my hood.

sorry it's a long rant but please help me out if you have any ideas

IBTL, you double posted the forums. That is why there is "tech" and "talk" here

Your concern seems more tech related, so just post a single thread in one forum in stead of multiple 4.6 forums. Good luck with your concerns. I'd bet you are just leaking oil. If your car is stock, I don't think yo u did much damage, but the possibility is there. Pull the plugs/wires, run a compression test/check the condition of the oil. Start with the basics.