I think my idler pulley is getting ready to die *Video*

I found this belt @ goodyear.com And autozone sells these belts.

PART NUMBER 4061073
METRIC PART NO. 6PK2725
NO RIBS 6
EFFECTIVE LENGTH 107.375
OUTSIDE LENGTH 108.125

It looks like its effective length is 107 3/8.... IS this how manufacturers measure belts?

• Sponsors (?)

I am running a RR 3.2" pulley, stock is 3.6 and comes with a 108 belt from vortech.

I just found that my idler plate is bent, not the pulley. NOW I have to order one from vortech. DAMN!

Mine was making that same noise from the idler pulley too. Went to the track and the whole idler plate/pulley broke off in the middle of a run and went flying into my friends car i was racing. Fuggin POS design in my opinion. That stupid idler plate cant handle the 8 rib belt/torque i must have been running. My shop fabricated a different idler plate and moutned a procharger 8 rib idler. No probs now.

I have had a similar sound in my Vorteched 96 Cobra since I have had it. It's hard to tell through the vid, but I have a ringing sound like that too....but only when driving and letting off the gas.

I tell ya what....Just replace the idler...it is under 20 bucks new...and see what happens. The tensioner might be a bit more....but at least you can find out.

Here is my update. I ordered an idler bracket and both vortech pulley's from superchargersonline.com. I HOPE HOPE HOPE it comes by next weekend! I already have the new belt, ford tensioner pulley, and tensioner arm/pulley asmbly. I had to tear everything apart so I decided to pick up a new belt and replace the tensioner. While everthing is apart I am buying new couplers, and roughing up/ flaring the end of my intercooler tubing. I need to make this thng more daily driveable, is it is my daily driver!!!

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

There was ONE drop of oil on the supercharger inlet and one on the output.. Im thinking the seals are still good- since the piping is all dry and there is next to no oil ... - this is the SC output
DSC01636.jpg

The belt I ended up getting..
DSC01653.jpg