I think this guy is full of crap...

302fordracer

Mar 27, 2004
Vancouver, WA
This guy I overheard talking to his buddies today said that his girlfriend has an acura integra non type rrrrr and that all it has is intake, exhaust and a supercharger (with a completely stock block can't be running too much boost) and she raced a stock newer corvette (newer than 2000, not sure on transmission) but that she walked away from him like he was standing still...the best turbo one of these I have seen (stock head and block) runs 13.9-14.1 and those vettes are high 12 low 13 cars...I dunno I guess I don't know enough of the factors but I had to pull :bs: on this guy..

• Sponsors (?)

the corvette didnt know he was in a race ? :shrug:
i've seen those supercharged rsx run at PR and they can't seem to do better than high 13s due to loss of traction on the fwd platform. i doubt if the teg would be any faster.
only raced a C5 once @ PR last year. beat it handily but it was an auto, probably stock.

f4fntm said:
bingo (replace "factors" with "variables", however)

ok, so the unknowns cannot be factored out, :scratch:
-B16 plus or minus .... nevermind.

tell me then, is a roots supercharger.. nevermind on that one too.

gosh I think I'm turning nerdy. do chicks dig nerds? 'cause I was eyeing this pimp ass bowtie to go with my labcoat I was gonna wear to the clubs.

TheRedBlur said:
ok, so the unknowns cannot be factored out, :scratch:
-B16 plus or minus .... nevermind.

tell me then, is a roots supercharger.. nevermind on that one too.

gosh I think I'm turning nerdy. do chicks dig nerds? 'cause I was eyeing this pimp ass bowtie to go with my labcoat I was gonna wear to the clubs.
ha you and club in the same sentence. umpossable

Yeah like the video of the turbo acura integra who gets his doors blown CLEAN OFF by the latemodel ws6... at like 130 the firebird is about 15-20 car lengths ahead, lets off to coast cuz its ssoooooo obvious who got walked, and the passenger in the acura is yelling "youre pullin on him, youre pullin on him"

Can't you hear him telling all his friends how he pulled on a ws6.... yeah.

Like doing a looooooser fly-by and telling youre buddies how "they got me off the line, but once I hit v-tec...it was all over. I walked em"

DD
:flag:

ddonaca351 said:
Yeah like the video of the turbo acura integra who gets his doors blown CLEAN OFF by the latemodel ws6... at like 130 the firebird is about 15-20 car lengths ahead, lets off to coast cuz its ssoooooo obvious who got walked, and the passenger in the acura is yelling "youre pullin on him, youre pullin on him"

Like doing a looooooser fly-by and telling youre buddies how "they got me off the line, but once I hit v-tec...it was all over. I walked em"

DD
:lol: :lol: can you post up the link for this vid? i'd like to see it. peace

john :p

ddonaca351 said:

DD
There are very fast turbo hondas out there though, just not a very common thing. Like this one beating a viper. Link

Darkness said:
There are very fast turbo hondas out there though, just not a very common thing. Like this one beating a viper.
With a passenger on board, and the Viper had a jump on him. Pretty impressive.

Now, I wanna see those two in a real race, a standing-start quarter. My $$ is on the Viper. More torque and more tire.

Darkness said:
There are very fast turbo hondas out there though, just not a very common thing. Like this one beating a viper. Link

Now Paul.....

I know there are fast ricers. You know, I know there are fast ricers...

BUT.....

For every 1 fast nasty one, how many HUNDREDS of slow ass, neon hanging, fart-can exhaust sportin, 17 air intake ground effect having, v-tec worshiping morons are there?
:D

Nice vid, by the way.

Dave-
:nice: :flag:

stock50LX said:
Anything can happen in a street race. with street tires, I probably couldn't do better than 13's -no traction. That's true even when I drive-around with Hoosiers on, they don't bite well on the street.

That was a slight overstatement. With Hoosiers, I think I could run mid 12's on the street.

ddonaca351 said:
Now Paul.....

I know there are fast ricers. You know, I know there are fast ricers...

BUT.....

For every 1 fast nasty one, how many HUNDREDS of slow ass, neon hanging, fart-can exhaust sportin, 17 air intake ground effect having, v-tec worshiping morons are there?
:D

Nice vid, by the way.

Dave-
:nice: :flag:
Hehe I know but as you also know, whenever any of these one in a million pop up and beat some of the big boys they make a big deal with "see we are the best" kind of statements! :rolleyes:
I would still take the viper over the turbo econobox.