Foxybody95

Sep 14, 2015
Hey guys me again, It seems I cant keep go a single week without a major issue coming up on this thing so here's the deal now. I fixed the break up issue I talked about before with a new distributor but the car still wont idle. I have an a9l and an sct chip and I'm starting to believe I have a computer problem when you start the car it usually idles very high somewhere around 12-1300. Now if you let it sit the idle will start to surge slowly then gain momentum until it eventually kills the motor. It is also seeming very sluggish and i hope the two problems are related. Now If I pull the spout the idle drops to 900 which is exactly where my tuner set it at for my cammed motor. Fuel pressure seems good its around 36 at idle and 42 at WOT and its no longer breaking up or misfiring. What could be the cause?

• Sponsors (?)

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.