Roush If you could buy one mod

S281SC#08

Aug 21, 2005
Clovis, NM
If you could buy one mod and had about 300 to 400 dollars to do so with what would it be. that is the question i am asking my self so if you guys could help me out and let me know what worked best for you and gave you the most gains thanks. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the input guys i would like to do both but with the pulley i do not want to run the chance of messing up my motor i am not made of cash so i want to stay on the safe side so i was to thinking of the gears what do you think marcus go with the 3:73 or 4:10 it is not an every day driver so i am not worried about the gas milage. but also i am still open for more inputs on other mods so keep them coming.

Subframe connectors with cross brace & Alum. driveshaft should both be possible for $400 including install.

If you include labor and reflashing your computer for the new gears, I would think you would be over $500 out the door.

well me and my buddy could install the gears our selves it sucks but saves money. also i live in new mexico do not know if you have ever been here but there are only striaght roads so i think the subframe connectors would be usless here. thanks for the idea though but now if i move back to northwest oregon after i get out of the air force than that would be a great mod

s/c pulley and 4:10's if automatic and 5 speed car no more than 3:73's more than that might feel faster but its slower , trust me . the sc pulley wont hurt ur motor just jack up the horse power uhhh another 25 good horse power, peace

Saleen Mike said:
Subframe connectors with cross brace & Alum. driveshaft should both be possible for $400 including install.

If you include labor and reflashing your computer for the new gears, I would think you would be over $500 out the door.

Ditto.

My care has all of the above and I would say go for the intake! Gears don't buy you enough in my opinion, the Bassani x is nice but over your spending limit with S.S. cats, the Al driveshaft is a nice piece but should be done as an overall enhancement to smooth things out after gears. My vote would be for an intake (JTL or otherwise) as this buys you horsepower, sounds great and looks cool and is an easy install.

Just my 2 cents

Goood luck!

I second an intake. My car picked up 6.5 RWHP but that is unusually high for an M90 Eaton. Driving under load (boost), the intake greatly enhances the blower’s ability to sing.

With money left over, get a shifter, like a Pro 5.0. It is the sort of mod you appreciate with every shift.

Oh, these are easy, do-it-yourself mods as well.

OK, because you did not like my driveshaft idea, combined with me forgetting how poorly the Hurst/Saleen shifter is (I assume you have a 5 speed), I would like to change my suggestion to:

Subframes with cross brace and a Pro5.0 shifter.

Again, both should be able to be had with install for about $400.

You will be able to drive your car much better and use the potential that you have.

(Then when you get another $200 I would get the driveshaft)

Saleen Mike said:
OK, because you did not like my driveshaft idea, combined with me forgetting how poorly the Hurst/Saleen shifter is (I assume you have a 5 speed), I would like to change my suggestion to:

Subframes with cross brace and a Pro5.0 shifter.

Again, both should be able to be had with install for about $400.

You will be able to drive your car much better and use the potential that you have.

(Then when you get another $200 I would get the driveshaft)

ok it my sound like a dumb question but what is the performance gains with doing this. would this set up be for better handling in the turns or just every day driving cause were i live it is nothing but straight roads. oh and yes i have a 5- speed