If you had it to do over again

Im a little frustrated with my first mustang today. Cracked intake manifold.....A plastic intake manifold? I am going to ask whoever thought of that to add some coolant for me right after a good hour drive......

Sucks, but it happens. I still have the original on mine with 72,000 miles.

Nice 35th L.E.!

Don't jinx yourself man! The same thing happened when I got mine, and read about the cracking manifolds, saying I still have the stock one and less than a week later it went caput.

I was happy with my car modding it in this order:

1. Exhaust
2. Shifter
3. Suspension
4. Brakes/Show (Grille Delete, Antennae)
5. Gears/Clutch
6. Blower

All this was after routine maintenance. And I love where my car is at now!

Thanks for all the input everyone. I certainly have a lot to think about. Looks like I am going to be driveing her around stock for a while as my rear diff is tore to pieces, but I am still ready to start saveing to mod this thing. I have allways wanted a mustang and I have gone through this with vehicles before with 40k+ trouble free miles after everything was right.

Will cobra brakes fit under the stock gt 17's? Wouldn't you have to have some sort of adapter bracket for the caliper since the rotors are bigger?

edit: after some research, the GTs and Cobras used the same steering knuckle, I'm quite surprised. On O'Reilley's website it says they don't carry the calipers in store or online though.Plus it was another $65 per core if they did have them in stock. So make that more like $290.

I did find this loaded pair for $280 though.

They also sell rotors and brake lines, but I'm thinking you could probably source them yourself for cheaper.