If you have airbag codes: You must read!

stephenwilson18

Feb 15, 2006
If you have a code 12 airbag DTC (loss of battery power to firing circuit) and you are getting power to the # 13 pin on the module connector. (the grey one in the rear, numbers are labeled on the inside of the connector on the module, very tiny) Then your module is BAD! Replace and it will clear the code. Trust me I know. I read this one time in my 4 days of searching the Internet for help, and tons of other things that were of very little value. After swapping and buying new clockspring for the car, I found that this was my problem. Luckily I had another 92 to swap out with. Do the basics first, Fuses, etc. but this would probably be your best bet especially if you know your car has never been torn all to hell, resulting in a wire short somewhere. I hope this helps someone.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I gave up on trying to fix mine and just disconnected all of the modules and sensors...

Its been inspected twice since then and they never seem to notice the flashing air bag light...

Hell just get yourself a VOM and go through the Diagnostics, its not that hard and you will have the system back in working order.

1st gen airbags were notorious for seriously injuring people and killing quite a few too.

Thats why we have airbags now that come out at a variable rate depending on the vehicles speed.

Im just not a big fan of airbags.

lol, i dont think my airbag works anymore, when i put a heater core in i found this little blue box that has a metal ball in it and i just never put it back in. I dont like the fact if i crash an airbag will smack me in the face. Ill just wear my seat belt like i always have. :D

1st gen airbags were notorious for seriously injuring people and killing quite a few too.

Thats why we have airbags now that come out at a variable rate depending on the vehicles speed.

Im just not a big fan of airbags.

The 1st Gen Air Bags are a little more powerful but that is because it was planning on you not always wearing your seat belt, if you are buckled up it should not injure you!