I'm not convinced the fox swap is a good idea....PART 2

My95.0L

Founding Member
Oct 16, 2000
Ponchatoula, LA
After banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why I went slower after the swap, last night I was looking at my accufab (off the car now that I swapped back to the SN95 t-body). It looked a little smaller than my BBK 70mm, not by much but I did notice it (or maybe too many miller lights). My first BBK broke the throttle blade shaft so I took the butterfly out and compared it to the accufab. Well, it didn't fit. I opened the accufab to wot, & tried to slide the BBK butterfly in over top. It was too wide by a cu*t hair. I bought the accufab off ebay & was advertised as a 70 mm, but there is no part # on the accufab to verify this. I'm thinking it may be a 65mm. This would explain the better response down low & then the drop off up top (where I went 2 tenths & 2 mph slower). Is there a way to check the accufab?

Here's the original post, so yall chime in & tell me what yall think:
Last night (March 23, 2005) was my second time at the track since the swap. Ran almost identical to my passes in Feb. Combined 6 passes I averaged a 13.1 @ 104.4 mph. Best run was 13.06 @ 104.7 mph w/ a 1.70 60' (my best 60' ever). Launches ranged from 3K-3900 rpm. That's 2 tenths & 2 mph slower than before the swap. My 60' were the best I've ever run, but the car is slower after the 330' mark. Weather conditions were actually better last night than when I went in Feb. temp was 59* last night w/ 77% humidity, whereas in Feb. the temp was 64* w/ 80% humidity.

Before the swap my last trip to the track was April 1, 2004. Conditions that night were 57* w/ 78% humidity & I ran a 12.89 @ 106.49 mph (1.75 60') and 3 more 12.9X passes @ 106.XX mph. Launches were at 3,000 rpm.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah just check it yourself with a ruler. You cant go wrong. You will see a difference with your eyes between 65mm and 70mm, thats for sure.

Speaking of the tb conversion...My conversion went great. Swapped cruise cable also with no problems and everything works perfectly. Since it's been so long since I drove the stang, it totally feels like a different car to me. Although I dont have the same tires (dr's) as last year, I cant really feel the low end torque cause the car keeps breaking loose everytime I floor it in 1st or 2nd and depends on 3rd. It definately pulls way harder on top end. I'd be surprised if I lost any power through this. Sure doesnt feel like it. I went from a BBK 70mm to a Holley 75mm. I also match-ported the opening of my Performer to 75mm instead of 70mm and also have a true CAI inside the fender. I'm hitting the dyno in 2 weeks. We'll see what kind of #'s I'm pulling...

that is strange.. i ordered an 80mm accufab and is suppose to be 90 at the front opening. well today i measured the front and i got 4 inches and according to this conversion it says 101mm. i didnt measure the rear only because i merely taking a picture of the throttle and wanted to show measurement in the pic