In need of a little Stang education

jeff34446

Jan 18, 2004
I recently purchased (on e-bay) a 1993 Mustang convertible LX 2.3 N/A A/T with less than 100K mi.
The A4LD has no overdrive and estimates are for $1000 to $2000 to fix(complete overhaul). Other wise, body, interior, top, tires, AC good, starts and runs fine.
It has some other minor problems but at this point I would rather sell it than fix it as I am not into it too deep.
As I'm looking in the classifieds it seems I need a little info before I can post.
Does it fall under the Fox body style?
Notch means trunk? Mine has a trunk with the luggage rack.
Any ideas what I should ask for it?
I'm in Florida and usually in the F150 forum, so e-mail me if I don't respond here right away. [email protected]
Thanks for any help with this.

• Sponsors (?)

notchback is for the coupes. hatchback is...hatchbacks. convert is convert.

yes, it's a fox body mustang. any mustang from 79-93 is a foxbody mustang.

the people that are wanting to charge you $1k-2k to fix that tranny are out of there ever luving minds...

you should DEFINITELY be able to locate a A4LD in good shape for around $200-400 IF that...

every yard around me has automatic 4cylinder mustangs from 87-93 pouring out the sides...

Another tidbit of info on 1993 2.3 Mustangs is that they have 105hp. I personally think that instead of selling it you should invest and turn it into a good reliable car. I think with a blown tranny you would not get as much for it as you may like and it may be in your best interest to keep it and use it as a project.

Thanks for the responses. Greatly appreciated!
Top is in great shape and works effortlessly.
No patience, no swap tho have considered a conversion, both stick tranny and 5.0
Local boneyards are sold out of A4LD's.
Gonna list it for $700 minimum (rims and tires are worth 1/2 that even garage sale priced) In-Dash AM/FM/CD, brand new battery too, clean title.
Of course, I couldn't list it till I knew what to post.....thanks again!