Injector And Meter Calibration Opinions

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
Ok so I have the pms and obviously I can have it tuned around when the time comes . For first start sake I like them to be matched up as far as injector to meter calibration so I can drive the car around to break it in etc .

How do the masses feel about a pro m 80 cal for 60lb injectors with seimens deka 57lb injectors ? I got them for basically nothing and the meter I bought knowing I was gonna switch to 60s . Trying not to waist 100 bucks on a cal if I don't have to .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Jeff will 57s be enough? i was thinking at least 60s with the HP levels your going to be at...i would rather have more room to grow then be at a limit...if that makes sense...but hey look at my mess LOL...what do i know im asking you....LOL....

Jeff will 57s be enough? i was thinking at least 60s with the HP levels your going to be at...i would rather have more room to grow then be at a limit...if that makes sense...but hey look at my mess LOL...what do i know im asking you....LOL....
Spoke to Kris he said should be ok - car will be setup to make 560-580 or so is what I want to make for this year . If I have to dial back some i will . I just need to have a limit for now I need to learn the car and I also need to actually enjoy this thing

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

He would know I trust him....I went with 42s and a 340 lph pump I think my set up is good for close to 500 rwhp...
That's what is in my car now . But I bought the Aeromotive setup

60's are good to the 750 flywheel hp area If I remember correctly. So you should be fine. My Devils advocate moment has to point out that I would probably buy 80's for future growth. The whole "buy once" mentality. Even though I hypocritically didn't do this for my present build myself.

Yeah it wasn't the maxing out part I was so worried about it was not waisting money on a meter calibration when the injectors are only 3 lbs shy of the calibration just to get the car running and driving and motor broken in .

I'm thinking being I am tuned on my old stuff I may start the car with the stock fuel system and my 42s in it cruise it and run it and once I am broken in I'll get the fuel system in and get this bad boy re tuned

Reactions: 2 users
I'm thinking being I am tuned on my old stuff I may start the car with the stock fuel system and my 42s in it cruise it and run it and once I am broken in I'll get the fuel system in and get this bad boy re tuned
^^ This exactly If you plan on driving to car to break it in then leave the tune and injectors/mass air that was in it alone. It would be easy enough to swap the mass air and injectors on the dyno.

If you aren't too worried about a break in then set it all up and trailer it down to the dyno. (Personally, I warm it up and re torque the head studs. Strap it down and rock and roll) As far as 57lb injectors and a 60lb mass air, you should be fine. There should be a table for injector offset to compensate for that little variation

I want to break it in lol . I may just do that then and then when I am ready I'll swap the injectors and meter and load it on the trailer and come down . Kris was happy the last time that I had the car running and driving Cuz it saved him a head ache

Reactions: 1 users