Injector dead time raised fuel pressure

Boosted306!

Apr 23, 2020
NY
I’m using 60lb injectors with e85 set at 39psi of fuel pressure. If I bump up my base pressure to say 60psi and i’m pushing 10lbs of boost will I need to change my injector dead times for the raising fuel pressure? How do I even go about figuring out the dead times?

• Sponsors (?)

This will tax the fuel pump heavily. If you need that much fuel pressure to make the injector act larger then you will lower the flow of the pump.

In order to recalculate deadlines I would need to know the exact injector

Thanks for the reply you’re always a big help on this tuning stuff. I have deka 60s and was gonna use e85 on it just to protect my hyper pistons in it. I bought a set of used deka 80lbs the other day and I will probably throw those in and sell my 60s. There real deka injectors and not some Chinese fakes. I have installed DeatschWerks fuel pump hardwire upgrade, walbro 450 pump, aeromotive filter, 8an ptfe lines, old downs and fuel rails, 6 an return to a magnafuel pressure regulator, then back to the pump. I figured it would of been easier just to raise the fuel pressure then going through the hassle of putting the 80s then tuning them

Thanks for the reply you’re always a big help on this tuning stuff. I have deka 60s and was gonna use e85 on it just to protect my hyper pistons in it. I bought a set of used deka 80lbs the other day and I will probably throw those in and sell my 60s. There real deka injectors and not some Chinese fakes. I have installed DeatschWerks fuel pump hardwire upgrade, walbro 450 pump, aeromotive filter, 8an ptfe lines, old downs and fuel rails, 6 an return to a magnafuel pressure regulator, then back to the pump. I figured it would of been easier just to raise the fuel pressure then going through the hassle of putting the 80s then tuning them
Real Deka 80's are what I use on my current 393TT build.
I need to know if you are using ms2 or ms3 so I can get you the correct deadtimes

At 40psi rail
Deadtime = .830

Correction= .101

you should not have a minimum PW issue but the minimum target is .87ms
Set the settings to 2 alternating or 1 simultaneous when you do the req fuel.
more squirts can sometimes cause the minimum pw to be lower than the injector will allow, this pushes you into the non linear range of the injector.