Installing 2-1/2" Flowmasters on stock exhaust

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
I got Flowmaster super 40's in 2.5" for my b-day :banana: . I want to put them on myself using clamps and reducers, anyone have any experience doing this? I plan on piecing together the remaining parts of what would be a cat-back later (flow tubes and polished tips). I'm anxious to get them on since I just installed the O/R H last weekend. Should sound like a beast compared to a week ago!

Thanks all!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

man do yourself a favor a local muffler shop could do this for like 20 bucks a piece and you dont have to worry about anything, clamps and and stuff like that how should i say it nicely umm piggish really though if you go the clamps route you could have leaks and leaks are badd and since the most shops weld the parts on now that means no leaks

Muffler shop +1.
I've clamped together the catbacks on both of our GTs, but they were engineered this way, have tight tolerances and have quality clamps. It all fits together like a glove. But putting 2.5" muffs into an 2.25" is asking for leaks...and if you don't know, besides stinking and being annoying, exhaust leaks sound like ass.