Installing Ac Eliminator Kit - 87-93 Help Needed

SiK91LX

Apr 23, 2003
SF, CA
Hey guys,

I just got brand new AC Eliminator Kit from Ford Dealership and i asked the guy if i needed another belt and he told me no but he was wrong.. So as of now i dont have the right belt..

What size belt would i need?

Another question..How hard is it to install this kit? Anyone knows how to? It should be easy but the black bracket is what confuses me lol

Any websites?

Thanks
David

• Sponsors (?)

If it's the kit in the pictures above (which i have) they are just bracets from any 85-93 non-A/C Mustang. Just ask for a belt for those cars.

If you have underdrive pulleys, you may need to add or subtract an inch or two. If your pullies use stock belt size, go withthe above paragraph

Mustang5L5 said:
If it's the kit in the pictures above (which i have) they are just bracets from any 85-93 non-A/C Mustang. Just ask for a belt for those cars.

If you have underdrive pulleys, you may need to add or subtract an inch or two. If your pullies use stock belt size, go withthe above paragraph

Thankx for the pics! Helped alot but now how do i get rid of all the AC stuff? What exactly should i remove?

Any pics of an engine with ac delete kit so i can see the stuff missing

SiK91LX said:
Thankx for the pics! Helped alot but now how do i get rid of all the AC stuff? What exactly should i remove?

No pics, but it;s pretty easy to see what you need to remove.

First off, make sure all the A/C refridgerant has been removed (or leaked out on it's own).

Now just start at the compressor. Unbolt the lines and follow them and remove anything they connect to. That included the compressor, the black accumulator on the rear pass side of the firewall, and the condensor in front of the radiator. I just used a pair of linesmans pliers to cut all the lines and pulled it all out in peices. It weighs a decent amount and the engine bay looks empty when it is all taken out

I have an '86 that I'm removing my A/C, and I was going to try and take out my compressor, and then just move my power steering up. On the bracket it has 4 or 5 holes to mount the A/C and power steering, and I was thinking jsst moving my power steering pump up would work, can anyone confirm this?

HemiChallenger said:
I have an '86 that I'm removing my A/C, and I was going to try and take out my compressor, and then just move my power steering up. On the bracket it has 4 or 5 holes to mount the A/C and power steering, and I was thinking jsst moving my power steering pump up would work, can anyone confirm this?

Won't work. None line up. The PS pump uses a staggered offset mounting pattern.

Either search the junkyards for an 85-93 without A/C and rob it's brackets or buy the FMS kit from summit for $45

ac eliminator belt length

FRPP ac eliminator kit belt length is Goodyear 4060855 the 4060 845 that the stock 5.0 w/o ac calls for is too short. One reason may be the 3g alt upgrade on this car. The 3g I got first came with a smaller pulley (this 3g failed within 2 days the replacement sent to me had a slightly larger pulley, probably similiar to a UD pulley. If it had the smaller pulley the stock belt (4060845) would probably fit. This is my experience with this conversion. The rest of the pulleys are stock 1988 5.0 This kit was a breeze to install. :cool:

PICT0001.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 634