Insurance Verdict on Mach 1

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
My mach 1 was totaled about 2 weeks ago and I finally got word on what the insurance company is going to do. They are going to give me $17,300 for the car plus $1,100 for tax rate, $80 for title transfer, and $200 for not renting a car over the last 21 days. So total comes to bout 18k after my deductable is taken out. I guess I lucked out, I paid $15,900 for the car, after plane ticket, taxes, plate transfer, and mods I bought total came to about 16,500. Lucky for me the insurance company is going to let me salvage my mods off the car and replace them with the oem parts. So I hope I will get the catback, x-pipe, short throw, intake, hood struts (if salvagable), and tune the car back to stock for my tuner. All I have to do is drive 2 1/2 hrs one way pick up the car on a trailer, come back remove the mods and replace w/stock parts. Insurance will have salvage yard come get the car when I'm ready.

• Sponsors (?)

Im sorry you lost such a gem:nonono: But you came out on top cash wise. Now you can get you a Termi, or another Mach:D Plus if you get the Termi, you'll be able to sell the stuff from the Mach and make even more $ on the trajedy.

That's what I would do if there are decent parts left, like the engine/trans,etc.

A friend of mine wrecked her 02 WS6 and they totaled it, she made a killing off it as she owned significantly less, bought it back and is parting about 4 grand out of it.

In the end, I'm glad to hear they totaled it out. Your deal sounds very similar to what they did for me with my 02 GT last year. Hang in there my friend, you'll now get to go car shopping. Never know what you may find!
PS - I'm still interested in your CAI if available. Let me know...

You should be able to buy the car for 10% of what the total out price was. I have done that several times. You can easily make that back on the seats and interior trim pieces. Then you have a drivetrain thats worth some serious coin and you can sell it off to and come out way ahead. Enough to buy a clean Terminator. :D

I also know this one dude that has an insainly powerful Saleen clone for what you are getting from the insurance. 751ish rwhp :D

Sounds like that worked out ok cash wise for you. Being involved in an accident is definately something no one wants to deal with.

I'm pretty sure I would be hosed if my 97 was totalled. First, the car is a very rare origional color and still in excellent condition for it's age. Second, I have done a lot of maintance recently, including new tires and shocks/struts. The kbb value very poor on a car this old and there is no way I could begin to get an equivalent or better car for what they would give me on it. :(

Thanks for all the replies guys! I just got back from the getting the car. I took a car trailer up there to get. THE CAR STILL RUNS. No power steering and brakes are shot cause the lines were pinched in the front. I am going to ask the insurance company tomorrow what the price would be to buy it back. So motor except radiator and front lighting for wiring harness should all be good, whole interior is mint condition, rims are a little beat up in the front but would make a great drag set, trans, rear axle assembly are all perfect. I'm going to take all the mods off the car first thing, insurance is at least going to let me do that. If a buy another mach then I will be putting that stuff on it, otherwise I will be selling it if I a termi. I don't think i'm going to buy another mach right away unless I come across another great deal like this or find a termi for the right price. I had some money set aside to buy a winter car so I think i'm just going to go with that plan for now just to get around. I live in central illinois so mustang season is about over for a nice car like that. I'm hoping I find a great deal over the winter the way the economy is ppl might be hurting and will pretty much have to give one away. I'll keep you guys updated if I decide to buy the car back.