Insurance Wtf

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
Kind of an off topic rant but my company has raised my rates yet again due to where I choose to live. The mustang which I declare drives 50 miles a month if that as it rarely sees actual road time is 50 a month and that is just for liability. My other vehicles run just a tad more. All in all my rates have increased 60 dollars a month over the last year and a half regardless of a clean driving record. Anyone else having to put up with this?

• Sponsors (?)

Was screwed by State Farm a year ago or so. Doubled the rate on my wife's car because of a minor parking lot incident I was in driving a company vehicle. I kicked them to the curve for everything because of that. House, auto, boat, personal property, umbrella, and life. Pulled it all and couldn't be happier.

On a side note do you not have classics insurance on your fox? I have $15k on mine and it costs $180 per year.

Reactions: 1 users
Until now it wasn't needed, but they offer classic insurance through another company. I am calling them tomorrow for an agreed value quote.

I finally was approved for a Hagerty policy about a year ago and they have been amazing. It's pretty affordable for what it is and the customer service is second to none. My insurance agent sent me pictures of him and his wife with his two project Mustangs the week I signed up, like we had been buddies for years.

I dunno if it will save you any money over your current situation, but it's worth looking into.

I finally was approved for a Hagerty policy about a year ago and they have been amazing. It's pretty affordable for what it is and the customer service is second to none. My insurance agent sent me pictures of him and his wife with his two project Mustangs the week I signed up, like we had been buddies for years.

I dunno if it will save you any money over your current situation, but it's worth looking into.

I used to be with Hagerty. I got a better deal with Infinity Insurance. They don't care if I take the car to the track either. Worth a phone call.

Kurt

I used to be with Hagerty. I got a better deal with Infinity Insurance. They don't care if I take the car to the track either. Worth a phone call.

Kurt

As I understand it, the plan I am on is a new program- no mileage restrictions, and you can race the car, you just aren't covered while on the track. IIRC the only requirements are that the car is garaged at night and you have a different "primary use" vehicle.

I also have classic insurance through Hagerty $200 a year on my 93GT.
I've read on some forums that Grundy can be even cheaper.
Just got the renewal bill for the Cobra from Grundy World Wide ......Full year,full coverage and
015.JPG
agreed replacement value ....$253.00 Hasn't gone up or down.

My hagerty premium stayed the same this year as it was last year. I just renewed it. $300/year for $10K guaranteed value.

Regular insurance was just too much money. If the car was a DD, it would be cheaper to buy a beater and insure that than pay the $1800/year I was quoted under regular insurance.

Reactions: 1 user
But, I have the feeling ALL insurance Policies (home & Auto.) Will be going up .To recoup from all these massive hurricanes.

My home insurance has been going up regularly. I was told it was due to all the tornadoes and hail damage in the southeast over the past few years. I was also told that car insurance was going up because of the cost of new cars. A new 2500 or f250 is $70k now. While I drive a $15k truck, my cost goes up for the guy who totaled his new home on wheels.

Insurance is the biggest ripoff. You are required by law to have it, so they can just about charge what they want. Between health, vehicle, home and life, I pay about $650 a month in insurance.

Joe

Until now it wasn't needed, but they offer classic insurance through another company. I am calling them tomorrow for an agreed value quote.
Don't go through your current company to get an insurance quote for classic insurance. Ask them who they go through and call them directly. Also compare to Grundy and haggerty and pick best one.

If they really go crazy on their billing I'll buy a bike....Ever try to read a plate off a bike at mock 3 ? Ever try to take a car into places where only bikes can go ?:thinking:
And if they do catch me I'll simply say.....No speak English.:flame:

As I understand it, the plan I am on is a new program- no mileage restrictions, and you can race the car, you just aren't covered while on the track. IIRC the only requirements are that the car is garaged at night and you have a different "primary use" vehicle.

Correct. Track insurance is astronomical. You will never find a reasonably price policy that covers track damage. However, Hagerty restricted the use of the vehicle from the track all together. We had 4 cars, so I had another primary use vehicle. I am back to driving my POS pickup truck to work, because some asshat just rear ended my showroom new RS.

Kurt

My home insurance has been going up regularly. I was told it was due to all the tornadoes and hail damage in the southeast over the past few years. I was also told that car insurance was going up because of the cost of new cars. A new 2500 or f250 is $70k now. While I drive a $15k truck, my cost goes up for the guy who totaled his new home on wheels.

Insurance is the biggest ripoff. You are required by law to have it, so they can just about charge what they want. Between health, vehicle, home and life, I pay about $650 a month in insurance.

Joe

You think car and homeowners insurance is bad, check your mortgage statement and see what you pay in PMI. I pay more money in mortgage insurance than I do for car insurance.

Kurt

Correct. Track insurance is astronomical. You will never find a reasonably price policy that covers track damage. However, Hagerty restricted the use of the vehicle from the track all together. We had 4 cars, so I had another primary use vehicle. I am back to driving my POS pickup truck to work, because some asshat just rear ended my showroom new RS.

Kurt

Pheckin' A man, sorry to hear that. I assume it will be fixed at no cost to you?

A buddy of mine was/is a Miata enthusiast, and they apparently have this mythos that stone-gray cars get crashed more because they blend in with the road surface. Maybe you were doomed with your RS... Wasn't it gray?