Intake project... need help on ideas/input.

Im trying to clean up my engine bay. I already hid some wires on the passenger side (starter solenoid ETC). I also plan on putting the battery in the trunk. Im now focussing on the passenger side. the Carbon Canister line has already been hid. I also plan on tucking the MAF wires, relays ETC away in the Pass fender. But, I HATE the look of the stock intake tubing. i dont like the MAF mount also. I like the idea of a N/A powerpipe, but I can't justify 200+ bucks for a peice of tubing, plus they only work with Pro M MAFs, something else I dont have.

I had decided to make an adapter for the 95GT Maf I plan on using anyway, so instead Im just gunna make my own Powerpipe type intake to fit my needs. Heres where I need a little help. Would 3 inch exhaust pipe be ok? Im running a 70mm TB, which is smaller than 3 inches, would this cause a problem? My air filter is HUGE like 9 inches or something, would I have to get a smaller one? What direction (generally speaking) should I make the pipe (inside the fender) to direct the MAF, downwards slightly? Where can i get BLACK tubing to connect the piping the the TB and MAF? I hate that blue stuff that comes with BBK intake kits and S/C kits.

Just for reference, here are some measurements I took:
TB- 70mm (2.75 inches)
Fender opening (Approx)- 3.5 inches
Intake side of the MAF opening- 3 Inches
Filter Side of the MAF opening- 3 3/8 inches
Thanks alot guys, any input or criticisms are welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

I would check at a plumbing supply store for the black rubber pieces. As far as the pipe size it sounds right, you will just have to do alot of test fitting and cutting to get it right. I have seen some big air filters in the fender but I would probably go little shorter.

Someone else might know better than I, but I think the the PMAS meters are tuned for being in the fender, not sure how a 95 unit will act in the fender.

Good Luck,