Hey man, what do you think of this.

1990 Civic Hatchback with early 90's GSR swap. 5spd
Ported Head and possible ported intake.
Possible ECU tweaks.

vs

My buddy's 1998 Prelude SH 5spd
Bone stock
-------------------------------
I haven't said anything to either of them, because the guy with the civic seems like a pretty cool dude, and he wants to give my buddy a run. No **** talking here, we just want to see how each car will do.
Those old hatchbacks have a curb weight of only 2100lbs!!
My buddies prelude weighs the same as my car (3000lbs!!)
SH's are heavy and they have a ghetto launch because of the ATTS system.
They're running next week, and my buddy asked me how he would do against the civic. I said I dont know. I told him i'll run the civic if he'll run him first, hehe.
What are your thoughts on this. If i knew hondas better, I would be able to make an educated opinion, but I don't.

• Sponsors (?)

Hehe, coulda just PMed me, cause this will get locked, but I'll answer anyway. :D If you're talking about a B18C1, then the swap alone in the civic will roast him. If you're talking about the B17 in the G2 Integras, then I dont know. I'm not a big fan of the B17 just because I feel it to be a shaky motor. Prelude SH's are turds. They're even slower than regular lude VTEC models because all the SH has different is a bunch of suspension stuff that weighs it down even more.

the guy with the civic was not very clear about which GSR motor, he told me 89, but i thought to myself, "wha, i dont even think integra GSR's existed in 89" but I could be wrong, so i didn't say anything.

but that could be implying two things.
he has an early GSR motor which will be b17 for sure.
or hes lying for sleeper reasons, and has a b18c motor in there.
he refused to open hood :)

all of those engines are turds

put them in a 3400lb car like a mustang and they won`t get out of their own way

they are of course mated very well to the light civic and make respectibale hp/cubic inch. but they are still turds

cobra232 said:

they are of course mated very well to the light civic and make respectibale hp/cubic inch. but they are still turds

really..
integ is right too, i've driven some b17 integras before, they do feel a bit sluggish because of the low idle. I figure they might do better in a much lighter car though...
guess we'll have to see next week, i'll keep you guys posted.
if some of you guys have had experience racing against swapped civics, gsr integras, and late model ludes, please share some info :).

cobra232 said:

Funny thing is, a 1.8 litre JDM Type R engine is rated at 190 bhp. Same as a 3.8 litre stang. Granted the torque is a little less.

he if n e one knows id apreciate some times i could expect from a vtec prelude more specifically a 96 si(n e thing past 1992 would be helpful info). the track just opened last weekend so a bunch of my friends r gonna head up to get some times down and settle some grudge matches. one of my friends had a 96 si vtec and i was just wondering if n e one had info to give me a heads up on how i might fair against him(sadly he is probably my biggest competition within my group of friends).

and yeah i agree the little 4 bangers will suprise people when boosted and what not but then again do the same to a v8 and its on. :D

True, TT cars are quick off the line, the small turbos and the fact that there are two of them supply great boost off the line. But when going for high HP, a single turbo is much better for efficiency and so on. I was originally thinking of twin turboing my old 300ZX, but decided that a bigger single turbo will be much better.

FunkMasterFlex said:
he if n e one knows id apreciate some times i could expect from a vtec prelude more specifically a 96 si(n e thing past 1992 would be helpful info). the track just opened last weekend so a bunch of my friends r gonna head up to get some times down and settle some grudge matches. one of my friends had a 96 si vtec and i was just wondering if n e one had info to give me a heads up on how i might fair against him(sadly he is probably my biggest competition within my group of friends).

and yeah i agree the little 4 bangers will suprise people when boosted and what not but then again do the same to a v8 and its on. :D

the 4th gen h22a prelude can pull high 14's. the guy should pwn you if he can drive. they are 2800-2900lbs with 190hp and 154tq.

i am racing a 5th gen h22a this weekend. if anything it will pull me hard on the end of 3rd gear.