• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Intended Headers and Trans, questions about fitment

  • Thread starter Thread starter from6to8
  • Start date Start date Aug 6, 2024
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 6, 2025
#21
  • Feb 6, 2025
  • #21
limp said:
I am using a SROD bellhousing... My 83 came with a SROD 4 speed...
The pic shows it with a TKX attached..
Click to expand...
did you have to index the bell? I already bought a bell, part number M 6392-R58 but I can return it. I was thinking I have a 3650 or 3550 but it might be an older Richmond. I need to get under this weekend and see if I can see a part number and need to know where to look specifically.

Also was it harder to install the engine with the trans bolted up? I know you'd definitely need 2 people though...........
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,501
2,922
173
Florida
Feb 6, 2025
#22
  • Feb 6, 2025
  • #22
from6to8 said:
did you have to index the bell? I already bought a bell, part number M 6392-R58 but I can return it. I was thinking I have a 3650 or 3550 but it might be an older Richmond. I need to get under this weekend and see if I can see a part number and need to know where to look specifically.

Also was it harder to install the engine with the trans bolted up? I know you'd definitely need 2 people though...........
Click to expand...
Yes I indexed the SROD bell.. . It was spot on so no dowels were needed
I think 5L5 was closer with his guess of what trans you have..
69 year old man installed the engine/trans all by himself... " In my opinion" alot easier than installing the transmission after installing the engine by itself
A recent secret learned by me is to jack up the REAR of car when installing the engine/trans combo... this makes the " angle of the dangle" easier to work with...
 
Reactions: from6to8

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
1,904
143
94
Feb 6, 2025
#23
  • Feb 6, 2025
  • #23
limp said:
Yes I indexed the SROD bell.. . It was spot on so no dowels were needed
I think 5L5 was closer with his guess of what trans you have..
69 year old man installed the engine/trans all by himself... " In my opinion" alot easier than installing the transmission after installing the engine by itself
A recent secret learned by me is to jack up the REAR of car when installing the engine/trans combo... this makes the " angle of the dangle" easier to work with...
Click to expand...
yes it's got to be a 3550 since the 3650 has an integrated bell but I'll verify this weekend. Seems like it makes sense that that would help. I'll see if I can find any vids of that being done like that
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
324
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
645
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
C
Fox Need help identifying brake setup
  • Cypher02xd
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
176
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 27, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?