Interesting Marti Report (and Stock Parts Needed)

• Sponsors (?)

I believe this is the correct face for a 93 Mustang?
93%20cd.jpg

93%20cd2.jpg

Attachments

• correct%20cd%20face.jpg
    correct%20cd%20face.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 132
  • correct%20cd%20face%202.jpg
    correct%20cd%20face%202.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 132
Scratch what I said before. "E" is the truck lineup, so that's a 1995 f150/bronco head unit.

And yes...correct fave for the mustang. Just need to swap the bottom plate over

Reactions: 1 user
sweet! It should be here Monday.
I'm going to get another bottom plate and change cubby to make my current Contour cd player a drop in unit for someone who doesn't mind the rounded face plate

ebay.
There were 7 people watching the f series h/u when I bought it. I honestly wasn't positive what I was buying, but you taught me enough to recognize the correct face plate and premium sound units only

Reactions: 1 users
ebay.
Also got another f-150 cd head unit
I have the parts to sell a complete factory cd player, with correct for 93 face and frame along with the correct 93 cubby mount bracket and change cubby.

Reactions: 1 users
The CD changer setup is something I never explored. I just have very few CD's these days, but if I did, it would be cool to control a changer.

To be honest, I rarely listen to the radio when I drive the car these days. I prefer my exhaust in the Mustang

Reactions: 1 user
You guys are making me want to do a ford radio.
Problem is that the stereo was pretty much the first thing I worked on 25 years ago.
Not sure what it would take to unbutcher what i'm sure I did to the amps and the wiring when I was a teenager..

I don't own a single CD, but I really do like that clean look and since i'm not a fan of subwoofers and sound equipment in my car, it's not like I could hear any stereo anyway.

The CD changer setup is something I never explored. I just have very few CD's these days, but if I did, it would be cool to control a changer.

To be honest, I rarely listen to the radio when I drive the car these days. I prefer my exhaust in the Mustang

I rarely drive my car LOL
I don't listen to cd's much either, certainly don't need a cd changer.
IMO the factory stuff just looks better

Problem is that the stereo was pretty much the first thing I worked on 25 years ago.
Not sure what it would take to unbutcher what i'm sure I did to the amps and the wiring when I was a teenager..

I don't own a single CD, but I really do like that clean look and since i'm not a fan of subwoofers and sound equipment in my car, it's not like I could hear any stereo anyway.

If your car is a 1993 with Premium Sound, I have everything you need for adding a factory cd player

It wasn't too hard to unbutcher my stereo when I went from an aftermarket to stock, especially if you used those wiring harnesses that plug into the factory speaker harness, or ran new speaker wire. Fairly easy project. Hardest part was getting a head unit to use.

I would definitely swap to the 1993 system if you did it. A lot cleaner looking than the 87-92 setups.

It wasn't too hard to unbutcher my stereo when I went from an aftermarket to stock, especially if you used those wiring harnesses that plug into the factory speaker harness, or ran new speaker wire. Fairly easy project. Hardest part was getting a head unit to use.

I would definitely swap to the 1993 system if you did it. A lot cleaner looking than the 87-92 setups.

Wish I hadn't cut the wires, but without looking, i'm pretty sure I did...

I don't think I've ever heard a fox stereo with speakers in stock locations that sounded good.

I don't think I've ever heard a fox stereo with speakers in stock locations that sounded good.

Troofs. It will make noise and be tolerable but don't expect anything near the quality in a late model.

If done correctly (your exhaust, I mean) you'll rarely want to turn it on anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

It sounds terrible, compared to late model cars. It's ok if you really want to listen to a song, but don't expect to rock out with the windows down and have good clear bass and treble.

But like Noobz said, with the right exhaust, you'll never turn it on anyway.

now...if someones car is a daily driver, I could see the need for something better.