Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed in the Fox 500 project?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Just saw the finished product in this months 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords, and i gotta say, its probably the worst theyve done yet. For those that arent familiar is a Fox body with gt500 engine and driveline!

1.Ok I happen to hate the paint color. Strawberry??
2. The front tires are taller than the rears
3. Theres a four inch gap in the rear fender well
4. The rims are hideous
5. The one piece headlights look horrible, ive seen some on other cars that look ok, but for some reason they dont work at all on this car!
6. They painted all the trim pieces to match the car, but for some reason left the quarter window trim black!

Had so much potential to it!

• Sponsors (?)

Im with you on everything you stated. Instead of the trim and mirrors looking modern it makes the car look cheap. The wheels, well they look like shat, and the one piece headlamps, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pics?

I stopped subscribing to those rags when someone wrote in asking about putting Sn95 cobra brakes on their fox and the writer told them not to use junkyard parts and recommended a $3000 brake kit from a vendor in the catalog.

I'm so happy you started this thread. I got bored of this project because they are taking too effing long. I have the November 2007 issue sitting in front of me right now. That's roughly when they started. It's now August 2010...............What's the hold up????????????????????????????????

You guys know that I've done two mod foxes. I'm a one man show and I finished these PART-TIME. Hack Job in 11 months with a 2 month break in there. 4V-ModFox in 8 months with a 3 month break.

Also...the car looks like it has an Earl Shibe paint job. Red body....red handles, red lock cylinders, red trim and mirrors? Nobody taught them guys how to remove parts and tape things up? That's Painting 101. The one peice headlights are for ricer burners. I know a lot of people love their Strawberry paint.....but really??? This thing is gonna make serious power. Strawberry is not a very tough color.

All I gotta say is.........:nonono:

The car should have been black or a dark metallic gray

Exactly. They could have done black.

Oh on top of the paint....they said they started wetsanding with 800grit. Did they paint the thing outside in a wind storm? I've started with 1000 grit before but even that is still some hevy scratches that take a lot of 1500 and 2000 sanding to get out. They must have got that thing flat as a fricken board. That's just overboard.