Is it worth getting A 75mm TB/plenum kit with my set up?

babeabe19

Mar 18, 2004
SAC TOWN
I was looking at getting Professional Products 75mm TB/plenum kit on ebay for $240 bucks. I was wondering if its worth getting with my setup. I have seen many of the posts about TBs and plenums and most people say to get LTs, intake, exhaust, or 4.10s. But i already have all of those and i just got a set of subframe connectors. If i do get, will i see more gains with all of the other things ive done to my car? im looking to get my car to do mid 13s, will i see it with this. im already doin 13.8 & 13.9s.

• Sponsors (?)

You should be close to that now...

Edit: Just noticed you had a vert. A coupe with your mods should be able to pull a mid-13 or around there, verts are a little heavier so it looks like your on par.

Slicks or drag radials will get you close to 12's and undo your front sway bar. What's your trap speed?
T-bodies and upper plenums, are over-rated in my opinion. Good for maybe a tenth. I've seen 99 gt with x-pipe, catback, and stock gears go from 13.9, to 13.3 by just throwing on slicks.:nice:

MaxedGT said:
Slicks or drag radials will get you close to 12's and undo your front sway bar. What's your trap speed?
T-bodies and upper plenums, are over-rated in my opinion. Good for maybe a tenth. I've seen 99 gt with x-pipe, catback, and stock gears go from 13.9, to 13.3 by just throwing on slicks.:nice:
Last night, the same guy, had installed a C&L plenum, and was running his street tires, at the track, and went home after just 2 runs, pissed, saying his car had no power and surged.:shrug: