Is it worth the money ?

• Sponsors (?)

How much and what type boost can the 4,0 take ? Having a 4,0 that will crush a lightly modded v8 would be an eye turner . How much $ to get the parts needed to do this - also would the trans and rear be able to stay together .

Sound of 5.0 is indeed nice , but too much sound and nothing to back it up is pointless ( talking about the old stock foxes - the new 5.0s have great power ) that is the main reason I don’t run a real loud exhaust on my 91 making 225hp . But , to be honest a turbo or SC whine sounds pretty sweet also . And it would be a very unique setup to have

Real question is how much money are you willing to put into the engine and what do you expect for power level in return at that cost?

Some people build engines for the challenge and don't have a budget. They don't care if they spent $10K to make 350HP. You need to determine if it's worth it to you to build the engine for the HP level you expect and money you will spend.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I'll second what's said above, really depends on what your goal is and how much money you want to spend. The 4.0 V6 is really an antiquated design, so dollar for dollar you will not see the horsepower returns on that platform that you would see on a 3 or 4 Valve V8 or in the V6 Mustang world, the 3.7 cyclone. But if you would be happy making 330-350 RWHP no reason not to stick with what you have. Once you start getting over that power level in the 4.0 you're looking at a built motor which jacks the cost up considerably, plus all the other supporting mods to hold that power.

Thank you all you pony guyes for answering my question. I'm satisfied with the performance I'm getting out of my 4.0 I think dollar for dollar for the money I spent on the upgrades it's well worth it.
She's pretty quick for a 4.0 and I get off every time I merge onto the pkyway before I can blink my eye she's up and over 100 mph 20190622_183946_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users