it has been a while

I just bought a beautiful 2000 GT. Living in so cal our cars last and this one is a beauty.My last street stang was a 1991 Saleen i bought new. Added a vortex [ 5 lb ] supercharger and that was it. sold it to a friend in 1995.
My first mustang was a brand new 1966 black coupe 289 4 speed. sold it when i got drafted in 1967. Came home from the war and bought a new 428 4 speed cobre jet mach 1.It was everything you have herd about cobra jets and more. In pure stock form it turned 13.39 et at 108 mph on polyglass gt tires. i loved running in the pure stock class back in 69-70 . my local track was OCIR in irvine ca. Probably the finest track of its day. I only lost one time in pure stock class because i missed a shift.
My 2000 GT i just bought is pretty much a stock.Somebody in a past life lowered it a little., and put mustang cobra wheels on it.
My only complaint is some fool installed 4.86 rear end gears in it. SUCK big time. 70 mph in overdrive is over 3,000 rpm. Back in the day i might have liked that not now. Anybody in the so cal area that wants to do a rear end swap let me know.
I have other endless adventures in mustang over the years but i have rambled on long enough.

• Sponsors (?)