Its Official

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
I just paid $4.05 for 1 gallon of gas. First time ive paid over $4 ever in my life, and never want to again.

93 octane at a "reasonably" priced station compared to others.

87 is creeping to $3.87.

/economy, /America, /savings account, /life.

• Sponsors (?)

This is why im running an 87 tune right now. I have a sweet tune made with the a/f ratio locked down and timing done up perfect, but its just not worth the extra coin to run 93 at the moment.

yeah dude, gas is ridiculous, its only gonna hurt the lower income american families, and possibly the middle class, which sucks dude, especially when less than 1% of American families actually save money. Only way to get it down is if america as a whole begins conserving, which, i hardly doubt is gonna happen since most americans love driving their tanks. Im seriously considering in purchasing some small gas efficiant car.

start coasting with the engine off. I am starting to do it. Even works with an auto. I used to restart the GT while rolling. Aroun 20mph and drop into 4th or 5th gear with engine off and the key in the on position. Pretty much doubles the miliage. Brakes and steering take a bit more strenght, but nothing anyone couldn' handle. Just an idea. I have been doing it for a few weeks with much success.

I tend to roll in neutral a lot. I've even made it a game to see how far i can roll sometimes in neutral.

I don't turn the engine off though, but when i come off the highway i just shift to N or push the clutch in and roll down the offramp. Same thing with hills or when i see the light go red way ahead.

Amazing how long it takes to stop a car that is just free rolling. I once think I rolled nearly a half a mile in neutral