Its the Maximum Motorsports Coil-Over Conv. w/K Member worth it?

reeber

10 Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
Berlin, NJ
I am asking those who have either driven in, or actually owen the MM K-Member, Coil Over Conversion Kit, Caster Camber Plates, A-ARMS with urethane bushings...

Is there THAT much of a ride difference? The total I got from MM was about $1600 for all the parts. I guess my biggest point is that: Is it worth the cash?! Or, should I look at some of the cheaper K's and conversion kits?

• Sponsors (?)

If you go to coil overs, you're definately going to need caster camber plates. It's not only the only way you're going to get your alignment correct, but you'll need them for the added strength. When you convert to coil overs, the weight of the ride is shifted from the middle of the stock k-member positioning, to the out edge where the strut/shock posts are. The caster camber plates are what pretty much holds this part of the suspension together on the front, and the stock camber plates aren't strong enough to take the added stress. You might also need a bump-steer kit, but not sure. You might also look into some adjustable struts to go with the coil overs, as you can then adjust the strut pressure to your level of comfort.

Maximum motorsports products are pretty much second to none, and I hear all kinds of great things about their k-members, coil overs, and caster camber kits. I have their drag race solid lower control arms, and they're awesome. Great at keeping my GT's rear planted to the ground. Really helps bring the rear around in turns.

BTW, Maximum motorsports products are all made in USA, which another plus.

Thanks guys.. It looks like that will be my next mod.. .I was just looking to see if the $1600 worth of parts is really worth the difference in ride and feel???? Is it THAT big of a difference from stock?

reeber said:
Thanks guys.. It looks like that will be my next mod.. .I was just looking to see if the $1600 worth of parts is really worth the difference in ride and feel???? Is it THAT big of a difference from stock?
excellent turning responce, huge feel of difference.